SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: EMG Super 77 Bridge and Neck set (F-spaced bridge)

MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
edited December 2019 in Parts £
£100.

I have a couple of pots and wiring to go with it. Everything you should need for a basic install.

Bridge is F-spaced.

This is a bargain. They're in great condition and come boxed.

Very un-EMG-like, fat tone, reminiscent of a Super Distortion. Just not my cup of tea.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
    Bump.

Would part-ex for a neck humbucker.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 839
    Been reading up a bit and trying to make sure I understand right - these are active aren't they? And assuming yes, does the kit include all the bits of circuit and battery bus etc?

Basically everything needed (for a 1x vol / 1x tone) is included except the 3 way switch?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14554
    edited December 2019
    RevMatt said:
    Been reading up a bit and trying to make sure I understand right - these are active, aren't they? 
    Affirmative.

RevMatt said:
    does the kit include all the bits of circuit and battery bus etc? Basically, everything needed (for a 1x vol / 1x tone) is included except the 3 way switch?
    This point could certainly do with some clarification.

The photograph certainly does not illustrate everything required for a complete installation. (This does not bother me because I have a stockpile of unused EMG, Seymour Duncan and Fishman parts.) 

Most of the components in the photograph appear to adopt the EMG Solderless convention. The solitary pickup interconnect cable clearly has the strands of its +9v supply cable exposed and soldered over.

FWIIW, I have traded pickups and related accessories with Mattayus in the past. I have always received what I paid (or swapped) for. If I thought that I had something he wanted, I would gladly trade again.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12671

Most of the components in the photograph appear to adopt the EMG Solderless convention. The solitary pickup interconnect cable clearly has the strands of its +9v supply cable exposed and soldered over.

You still have to solder the connections on the output jack, though, don't you?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

edited December 2019
    impmann said:
    You still have to solder the connections on the output jack, though, don't you?
    On a Switchcraft TRS jack socket, EMG Solderless uses three spade connectors.

On edge-mounted barrel jacks, the spades need snipping off.

I have constructed wiring harnesses using a mixture of Solderless™, hard-wired and screwed into the Buss board connections.
    Terribly sorry gents, been insanely busy with work and completely forgot about these!

Right, just to clarify, when I say it's "everything you need", I guess I meant there is everything you'd need to take your current pickups and pots out of your guitar and use these instead.

Not everything here is solderless, as Funkfingers pointed out. The leads from the pickup aren't the solderless type, but can still be used in conjunction with these solderless pots. EMG have accommodated for this eventuality by allowing you to solder wires directly to the PCB as well as use the prongs provided for solderless stuff.

However, the jack is either, depending on what you fancy. I do have the solderless lead for the jack (with the spades that clip directly onto the jack terminals)

So really, it's a hybrid... Some solderless, some not.

And no switch, sorry - This, I assumed, the buyer would just use from their current set up.

I hope this clears things up?
    I'm not too concerned about whether it's soldered or solderless connections just that it's complete.

Perhaps for avoidence of any doubt a photo showing all components might help as thee are bits I was expecting but can't see?
    Everything in the pic is all I have

- 1 vol
    - 1 tone
    - 2 pick up cables
    - 1 switchcraft stereo jack

I can also throw in a 9v battery snap (and a battery!)
    Thanks for the clarification.
    bump
    bump!
    Q: In the photograph, the height adjustment screw holes seem over-sized. Have the baseplates been modified for direct body mounting?
    Just a trick of the light. They are unaltered, and have only been suspended on mounting rings with standard pickup screws.
    sold! (Finally!)