Time for Another Boxing Thread?

Wilder and his right hand sorted out Ortiz again last night and the rematch with Fury is pencilled in for Feb 22.

Who wins the rematch?

Smith v Ryder last night. Disgraceful - two of the judges had Smith winning it by 6 rounds the other 5 I think. I couldn’t put an argument forward for a Smith win at all.

Even if you gave Smith the benefit of the doubt for the tighter rounds/being Champ you might get a draw - but more likely Ryder winning by two rounds.

Any thoughts?

Ruiz v AJ 2 in a fortnight.

Who wins?

Also after his less than impressive bout in the USA (still got the knockout) what’s next for BJS?
Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve got a bad feeling that AJ gets beat again and beaten badly and he quits. He’s a big lad who can punch but not sure mentally whether he had that toughness and nastiness you need at that level. I also think his movement is poor and a little stiff.

I think Wilder v Fury 2 will be a points win for Fury, he will stink the place out and frustrate Wilder.  Wilder must be one of the biggest hitters in history so I wouldn’t blame Fury one bit !
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    I’ve got a bad feeling that AJ gets beat again and beaten badly and he quits. He’s a big lad who can punch but not sure mentally whether he had that toughness and nastiness you need at that level. I also think his movement is poor and a little stiff.

I think Wilder v Fury 2 will be a points win for Fury, he will stink the place out and frustrate Wilder.  Wilder must be one of the biggest hitters in history so I wouldn’t blame Fury one bit !
    If he does beat Ruiz he’s not getting past Wilder of Fury.

Financially he could easily retire without the rematch - with recent deaths in the sport you couldn’t blame him if he walks away after another defeat.

Getting punched in the head (and losing) must lose its appeal once you’re a multimillionaire. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Iamnobody said:

Smith v Ryder last night. Disgraceful - two of the judges had Smith winning it by 6 rounds the other 5 I think. I couldn’t put an argument forward for a Smith win at all.

Even if you gave Smith the benefit of the doubt for the tighter rounds/being Champ you might get a draw - but more likely Ryder winning by two rounds.
    One of the judges scored it 117-111, I genuinely have no idea which match they were scoring to get that scorecard. Ryder seemed to throw/land more punches and did more damage to his opponent. When a home crowd boos at the scorecards something's a bit wrong.  Unless Smith have the same judges again, he'll pose not even the slightest threat to Canelo (if that fight happens).