LP type pick up switch - on/on only does such a thing exist?

The Cooderstang will have a Mojo Lap Steel pickup at the bridge which due to its design doesn't play well in conjunction with another pickup....the usual solution is to wire via a Strat Superswitch, however the Stang has a Les Paul type switch, so I could either live with the neck and bridge position being a bit odd, (I think half the Lap pickup goes out of phase) or use and On/On switch so that I can only select neck OR bridge, does such a switch exist, that isn't stiff and clunky, like an Automotive style one would be? Like a Les Paul switch in operation, without the middle position.....
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14578
    paulnb57 said:
    The Cooderstang will have a Mojo Lap Steel pickup at the bridge which due to its design doesn't play well in conjunction with another pickup.
    Is this to the extent that it requires a discreet output socket and controls?

A double pole, double throw on/on switch would do the job but, as you stated, the action on any switch large enough to occupy the drilled hole will be stiff and slow in use.

The Freeway 3x3-03 would both occupy the orifice and permit up to six sound permutations. It is a bit of a headache to wire up but saves a lot of aggro once done.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    edited November 2019
    paulnb57 said:
    The Cooderstang will have a Mojo Lap Steel pickup at the bridge which due to its design doesn't play well in conjunction with another pickup.
    Is this to the extent that it requires a discreet output socket and controls?

A double pole, double throw on/on switch would do the job but, as you stated, the action on any switch large enough to occupy the drilled hole will be stiff and slow in use.

The Freeway 3x3-03 would both occupy the orifice and permit up to six sound permutations. It is a bit of a headache to wire up but saves a lot of aggro once done.
    No discrete output or controls, standard Mustang control plate and a LP style switch on the lower horn in the scratchplate

https://i.imgur.com/t4Dawtl.jpg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    I would just fit a standard toggle and not use the middle setting. A large number of Les Paul players manage to do that perfectly well...

Anyway, how bad can the middle sound be? At worst it will be out of phase - anything else will be less thin and honky than that no matter what the pickup design is.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    ICBM said:
    I would just fit a standard toggle and not use the middle setting. A large number of Les Paul players manage to do that perfectly well...

Anyway, how bad can the middle sound be? At worst it will be out of phase - anything else will be less thin and honky than that no matter what the pickup design is.
    Thats what I have decided to do...