Tesla Cybertruck

What's Hot
Just chatting to a colleague about Proton cars, and it reminded me of a billboard I saw in the 90s which read:

"Japanese Technology, Malaysian Style"

It struck me that this looks like a design inspiration for the new Tesla Cybertruck. Maybe not.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    I want to know what is particularly cyber about it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    The Proton? It's Japanese Technology, innit? Must be really futuristic and stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    The Tesla, you div.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That takes me back. My mate had a Proton like that in red.
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Cyber as futuristic. Definitely hit the mark on that. Completely ridiculous in the UK for its sheer size but I do like it a lot, but I am a sci-fi geek so my taste is probably a bit biased towards tech looking stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Whoever makes the first good full size pick up with all electric power will rake in the dosh, three of the five best selling vehicles in the states are pick ups. Is this the one, I don’t think so, maybe the Bollinger or the Rivian might be, but only if they team up with a major manufacturer.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18754
    octatonic said:
    The Proton? It's Japanese Technology, innit? Must be really futuristic and stuff.
    Proton was Malaysian Technology.
    Crossed with art of the state British Leyland Montego design.
    Thought I'd always love a goldtop whatever the body shape... I was wrong.

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Surely the CyberTesla is aiming for military contracts - it’s far too bonkers to be a mainstream vehicle like the other Tesla’s.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
  • mixolyd said:
    Surely the CyberTesla is aiming for military contracts - it’s far too bonkers to be a mainstream vehicle like the other Tesla’s.
    I think you misunderestimate "truck people". Buying something like an F150 is already a fuck-you to those around you, and this is surely just a bigger fuck-you.

I think it's a great bit of design, provided it's ok for crash safety, which will have to be proven anyway before they can sell it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478

Hammerhead Eagle i Thrust passed all it's safety tests. So I'm sure the cyber truck will be fine, seeing as it's based on the same design.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    In what parts of the civilised world is being bulletproof a selling point for a civilian vehicle?

Oh...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom