Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Tone City Andertons pedals

What's Hot
Guessing no one else saw these?

Andertons are launching some exclusive Tone City pedals around featured Andertons guitarists, notably Rabeas "Wild Fro" Distortion and a Pete Honore "Purple" drive.

Anyone tempted?
Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6718
    edited November 2019
    Oh just fuck the fuck off Andertons. Really cornering the tat market. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    8reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    Oh just fuck the fuck off Andertons. Really cornering the tat market. 
     I'll put you down as a maybe
    56reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • https://i.imgur.com/YqFEIYx.jpg

I’ve no desire to piss on anyone’s chips but @ThorpyFX  might do a double take on this one. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    https://i.imgur.com/YqFEIYx.jpg

I’ve no desire to piss on anyone’s chips but @ThorpyFX  might do a double take on this one. 

Why? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MD said:

Why? 
    Because he makes a purple Danish Pete signature overdrive. It's not saying it's a clone of the Thorpy but it seems a bit on the nose for Andertons to offer this. Maybe just me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    edited November 2019 tFB Trader
    Adam_MD said:

Why? 
    Because he makes a purple Danish Pete signature overdrive. It's not saying it's a clone of the Thorpy but it seems a bit on the nose for Andertons to offer this. Maybe just me. 
    Its not a clone.... I spoke to pete about it before it was released. It's a different pedal no way related to the circuit in the Dane at all. essentially this is aimed at a different part of the market. Whether I like it or not, not everyone can afford my pedals, they aren't cheap to make and consequently aren't cheap to sell.. But i do labour heavily on making the quality as high as possible for the cost involved.

This DP overdrive is designed to appeal to a different market segment. However, that being said I do appreciate the concern.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Adam_MD said:

Why? 
    Its not a clone.... I spoke to pete about it before it was released. It's a different pedal no way related to the circuit in the Dane at all. essentially this is aimed at a different part of the market. Whether I like it or not, not everyone can afford my pedals, they aren't cheap to make and consequently aren't cheap to sell.. But i do labour heavily on making the quality as high as possible for the cost involved.

This DP overdrive is designed to appeal to a different market segment. However, that being said I do appreciate the concern.
    That’s good of them to be upfront. I realise I just missed my opportunity to say it’s a Chorpy (!). 
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited November 2019
    Tone City pedals are fucking great.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Adam_MD said:

Why? 
    Because everything branded as a danish pete product is purple I don't think it's weird unless it was a clone and I haven't seen a dane schematic on the Internet yet. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited November 2019
    What has "Danish Pete" contributed to rock history? Is he a very famous guitarist or something?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Freebird said:
    What has "Danish Pete" contributed to rock history? Is he a very famous guitarist or something?
    More than Flemish Dave.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Small form pedals with big feet........well they can just bugger off as a total waste of time 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3398
    Dunno. If I were a teenager learning guitar I might put these in my xmas list. 

Good shout by the cap'n I reckon.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    Philtre said:
    Freebird said:
    More than Flemish Dave.
    I liked Dave’s early stuff before he sold out. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andertons branching out and selling DPs? I hope you have to show ID before buying it.
  • Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Freebird said:

He plays guitar on the internet to sell things. It's what we've got left in 2019. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually think they sound pretty good. I expected to hate the sound of the Wild-Fro but it's actually quite nice. The Durple I think sounds a bit samey, but I am tempted by the wild fro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Tone City pedals are pretty legit. These two sound no more better or worse than any of the other drive pedals they already have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Freebird said:

He plays guitar on the internet to sell things. It's what we've got left in 2019. 

I think @ThorpyFX did a great job on the Dane. I am not a fan of YouTube musicians taking over, but I guess this is where we are now.

I do however think making lots of products for them is getting tiring. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom