Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Tone City Andertons pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3404
    I do however think making lots of products for them is getting tiring. 
    Yeah, Danish Pete needs to watch his 'brand' - he's becoming a little too ubiquitous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    edited November 2019
    I have a few Tone City pedals and I have mostly been impressed. My favourite is the Sweet Cream. It is a great pedal for the money. 

EDIT: I also had the Wild Fire which the "Wild Fro" is based on and I really liked it but the switch broke after a couple of years. I bought a Suhr Riot instead (which I read it was a clone of) and whilst I do prefer the Riot there was a bit of a harsher fizz the Wild Fire had that I miss from time to time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2302
    https://i.imgur.com/YqFEIYx.jpg

I’ve no desire to piss on anyone’s chips but @ThorpyFX  might do a double take on this one. 

JAFOD?
  • Freebird said:
    What has "Danish Pete" contributed to rock history? Is he a very famous guitarist or something?

I take it you're not an Atomic Kitten or Girls Aloud fan then?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Freebird said:
    What has "Danish Pete" contributed to rock history? Is he a very famous guitarist or something?

...and Tom Jones for a bit? 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    edited November 2019
    Freebird said:

...and Westlife and Il Divo. To be fair, it is easy to scoff at those bands but the guy has been a legit professional musician, touring and playing most of the major arenas across Europe. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Freebird said:
    How did you guess?  :)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Lev said:
    Freebird said:

...and Westlife and Il Divo. To be fair, it is easy to scoff at those bands but the guy has been a legit professional musician, touring and playing most of the major arenas across Europe. 
    He was the main guitarist on the X-Factor for a few years. He was seen on the Bootcamp programs.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    edited November 2019
    At least now we have an answer to the age old question "What word rhymes with Purple?"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
    Lev said:
    Freebird said:

At this point as well, he is considerably more well known in the guitar community than a f**ktonne of guitarists in bands, even bands who have done pretty well.

Like it or not, Andertons TV is massive in guitar youtube (though small still in YT generally).
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6772

I'm sure Pete is a sound chap. Rabea clearly is as well. My issue is with the general public who are, as a rule, terrible. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited November 2019
    soma1975 said:
    I'm sure Pete is a sound chap. Rabea clearly is as well. My issue is with the general public who are, as a rule, terrible. 
    I don't blame them at all, and it was actually Andersons who were the first movers towards this type of business model. I suppose proficient guitar players are a lot cheaper to hire for a days filming compared to headline artists. The only trouble is it's now taken on a life of its own in a Reality TV sort of way, and the lines have been blurred between the real stars and the X-Factor wannabes.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6772
    I'm sure BMF Effects will be chuffed that the Purple Durple has come out...

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8754
    Admin edit - Derailing comments in this thread have been split out to https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/168780/comments-split-from-the-new-tone-city-thread
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14572
    No fun, my babe. No fun.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33837
    I'm just pleased I wasn't involved for once.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alright fine let's get back on track.

I am planning on ordering the Wild Fro at some point. I really liked the tones from Bea's demo video, especially the Strat sounds he had
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Some right ignorant crap being thrown about in this thread. Pretty poor reading tbh.

Its good to see a line of pedals like this that don’t cost the upwards of £100 a pop because whether the forum likes it or not these guys have massive followings on social media. And this is the way music is going now, youtube is a launch platform for a lot of these players. 

The likes of Pete didn’t want to be on the road anymore hence his role within Andertons. Bea is at the opposite end of the journey in that he is younger and very much a success because of social media. Both have worked pretty hard imo to get some recognition so a £45 pedal shouldn’t ruffle any feathers. And let’s face it, for a young guitarist who follows either on YouTube it would be a nice stocking filler to get.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    I thought the tones in Rabea’a demo of his pedal were great. Certainly for £45.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    I've been through a few tone city pedals and for the most part i've been impressed, the Wild Fro one does sound good, seems like you can get a good range from it.. i'm not overly moved by the Durple though.. sounds pretty standard..