fender telecaster guitarguitar £399 !

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14615
    Sock it to me, Daddy O.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8792
    I did wonder, but then decided no.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • 9.5" radius neck ?
  • This was the one which had the saddles where it was near enough impossible to get the string through.

Not sure if they addressed the issue for it or not, but I'd be wary of buying that model.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1109
    There is very rarely a true deal for a guitar from a (major) retailer.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6885
    This was the one which had the saddles where it was near enough impossible to get the string through.

Not sure if they addressed the issue for it or not, but I'd be wary of buying that model.
    That and the nuts were cut by Stevie Wonder. 

Look at the string spacing on that guitar in the link..

From what I've seen, the player series' do now have block saddles, not the bent steel ones that had the alignment issues.. though I'd make sure this isnt an old stock version before buying... otherwise there be the reason for the price drop. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    skunkwerx said:
    This was the one which had the saddles where it was near enough impossible to get the string through.

From what I've seen, the player series' do now have block saddles, not the bent steel ones that had the alignment issues.. though I'd make sure this isnt an old stock version before buying... otherwise there be the reason for the price drop. 
    What's wrong with the string spacing on that link? The D and G strings are a hair further apart than the other strings but is that really that bad?

I wouldn't go by the stock pics much though, a lot of them are photoshopped concoctions rather than real photos.
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    skunkwerx said:

Re: string spacing, I'm seeing a big gap between the A and D strings on the Sunburst pic. If you zoom in, you'll see that the A string is not properly seated in the middle of it's saddle. I'm guessing a little sideways push would sort that out and centre things properly.

Purely based on the pics these look like bent saddles.
  • I paid the full £519 for mine back in March and am still happy with it. Do I need a second one?
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6885
    thegummy said:
    skunkwerx said:

What's wrong with the string spacing on that link? The D and G strings are a hair further apart than the other strings but is that really that bad?

I wouldn't go by the stock pics much though, a lot of them are photoshopped concoctions rather than real photos.
    Ah I guess the nuts not so bad looking at it again, though now I've seen it... ocd.. haha. 

Of the 2 I had they did sound and feel good, despite the few flaws which ultimately led me to return them. 
    If they have fixed up the issues, which seemed common among most of the initial release, then for the price it's not a bad shout at all. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    If you look at the spacing of the D and G compared to the fretboard dots you can see how they're off
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1440
    edited November 2019
    I don't think you can make a judgement call about the nut based on a generic photo of the guitar model.

Looks good value at £399 but IMO it is utter madness to buy a guitar solely because it appears to be a bargain. If you are already intending on buying a Mexican Tele then it is a good opportunity to save a few quid. If you weren't it just seems like a way to pointlessly spend £400.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think you can make a judgement call about the nut based on a generic photo of the guitar model.

Looks good value at £399 but IMO it is utter madness to buy a guitar solely because it appears to be a bargain. If you are already intending on buying a Mexican Tele then it is a good opportunity to save a few quid. If you weren't it just seems like a way to pointlessly spend £400.
    Are you new here ?
    :-)
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I don't think you can make a judgement call about the nut based on a generic photo of the guitar model.

Kind of reminds me of the general low end of guitars, I.e. Squier, Vintage, Harley Benton, where if one of those is all you can afford for your long term total guitar budget then you're getting a better instrument than you ever would have been able to.

But they seem to be most popular with people who can afford a high end guitar but who want a big collection of various guitars like they see online or in magazines and they can't afford 12 high end guitars.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Right guitar at a good price and in the right colour - what's not to like ;)

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4775
    edited November 2019
    If there was a 72 thinline reissue with 9.5" radius and medium jumbo frets at that price, I'm there!
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)