SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

F/S Hughes & Kettner Puretone Combo , Dr Z RXES Prescription - All Now Sold

stevie_the_spystevie_the_spy Frets: 86
edited December 2019 in Amps £
Hughes & Kettner Puretone Combo 25W Guitar Combo Amplifier.

Looking for £450 ONO, No Trades i'm afraid, i'm scaling down my gear.

Great Condition and in fully working order with no issues. 

Ideally collection in person due to the weight but I will ship if the buyer pays to arrange collection, as this is a valve amplifier shipping will be down to the new buyer to arrange as I don't want to be held accountable for any damage during shipping hence the collection only.

Please see below details from the web for the full lowdown on this amazing amplifier :-</span>

HUGHES & KETTNER PURETONE COMBO FEATURES:

• 12AX7/ECC83 All Tube Preamp
  • Single Channel
  • Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Growl
  • 2 x 8-16 ohms Speakers
  • 2 x EL34 Power Amp
  • 25 watts
  • 12" Celestion® Vintage30 Speakers
  • 25kg
  • 625 x 520 x 250 (mm)
  • Fender Cover included

The Puretone's class A circuitry is the shortest distance between the two points of guitar and speaker cabinet. Its no-nonsense wiring makes it one of the most responsive and articulate amps on the market. Uncompromising in every respect, this single-channel beast is uncluttered by unnecessary appointments. The potent Growl knob tapers off the no-frills threeband voicing section until it is bypassed altogether. Purist through and through, the amp ships without an effects loop.

All this translates undiluted performance - primal, untamed and direct. It takes chops to tame the beast, but once mastered, this big cat purrs ever so sweetly. For a phenomenally gratifying playing experience and unprecedented powers of musical expression, choose Puretone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stevie_the_spystevie_the_spy Frets: 86
    edited November 2019
    Dr Z Prescription RXES Head with Flightcase. 

Looking for £900 ONO, No Trades as i'm trimming down my gear,

Excellent condition Dr Z RXES Head 45Watts, no issues and in perfect working order.
    Includes Castle Case's branded flightcase.

Now discontinued and pretty rare to see nowadays.

Info below from the Dr Z Website.

Prescription ES

The original RX was always a controversial amp design with its highly percussive response, “in your face” drive, immediate attack, and high level of pinch note harmonics (as demonstrated on “Dead City” featuring Buddy Whittington.)

A collaboration between master Tele player Brad Paisley, and master amp builder Mike Zaite has given birth to the all new Prescription Extra Strength. The new “RX ES” is completely revised from the input jacks to the output jacks and shares no circuits with old RX.

The RX ES design structure is unique for a Z Amp as it uses an EF -86 pentode set up in a post EQ gain layout. This alignment yields a rich harmonic complexity and an almost active response from the tone stack. The RX’s dual calibrated inputs allow for sustaining gain in the Hi input, and a rich warm clean in the Lo input jack. The RX ES also features a footswitchable “Overdose” mode, which engages a 3 dB boost for added drive and gain without altering the preset tone, same EQ’d tone just much more DRIVE.

Dr Z’s old friend (and avid supporter of Z Amps since 1989) Joe Walsh demo’d the RX ES and ordered one on the spot to use on the Eagles Oct ’04 tour of Japan. Look and listen to his Blonde RX ES on new Eagles’ releases, and upcoming shows.

Specifications:
    • Power Output: 45 Watts
    • Output Tubes: 4 – EL84
    • Preamp Tubes:    2 – 12AX7, 1 – EF-86
    • Rectifier: 1 – 5AR4
    • Controls:    Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass
    • Configurations:    Head, 1×12, 2×12 Combo
    • Colors:    Black, Blonde, Red
    • Dimensions & Weight:    Head: 19″ W, 9 3/4″ H, 9 1/2″ D; 22 lbs. 1-12 combo: 23″ W, 20 1/8″ H, 10″ D; 47 lbs. 2-12 combo: 27 1/2″ W, 22 1/8″ H, 10″ D; 65 lbs.

I am willing to ship the amp as it's in a flightcase, but to be totally honest I would much rather meet up with the winning bidder of have them collect as the amp is so good i would hate for it to get damaged in any way. Shipping although costly will be at the buyers risk.

edited November 2019
    I have owned this amp for around twelve years now and originally imported it in from the USA.
    Its an amazing recording amp and has no issues whatsoever.

Looking for offers close to £1900. No trades.

The condition is stunning and i have only taken it out of the house for servicing and a few studio sessions. Never gigged it.

The tremolo on these amps is the best recording tremolo I've heard in my opinion and it pains me to let it go (if it doesn't go quickly i'll hang onto it as i can get away with it only being small and not taking up much space.

Recently serviced, recapped and tubed and comes with padded cover and step down transformer as it still runs on 110V

I'm not looking for trades as i'm trimming down my gear and will be listing a couple of old 60's Gibson SG's over the next few days in the guitar section too. I would also rather this amp be collected as it's in amazing condition and i wouldn't want a courier damaging it.

• Bumpety bump
  • reduction bump - Puretone now £450, Dr Z RXES now £800.
  • PRINCETON NOW SOLD
  • DR Z NOW SOLD - Just the Puretone left now, someone give this great amp a happy home.
  • PM incoming
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    I know you mentioned no trades but I'd swap that for my origin head and 1 X 12
  • PM incoming
    messaged back mark
    edited December 2019
  • I know you mentioned no trades but I'd swap that for my origin head and 1 X 12
    thanks for the offer but its a straight sale only on this occasion
  • all amps sold now