Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

If it were stolen, can you prove you own your gear?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I have pictures of mine and the serial numbers but didn't realise I'd have to specifically name them on my house insurance. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    axisus said:
    Well, the 5 guitars that I use were all built by me and I have photos of the builds on farcebook plus videos of me playing them on Youtube, so I feel OK about them. 

When I had a Fender Custom shop bass I used to not keep the Certificate of authenticity in the case. I figured that maybe I could wave that to the police if it got stolen but I guess it wouldn't actually count for much.

I have 3 expensive guitars with COAs.  None of them have the COA in the case.
    That’s not proof of ownership tho 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 948
    Yes....Purchase receipts or bank transfer details from previous owners, serial numbers, photo's, dedicated insurance with agreed values. Think that just about covers it.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I keep a spreadsheet with serials, photos and a list of mods / distinguishing features.

Same here – my insurance company insists on it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I used to have all my guitars registered on theguitarvaults.com but I haven't kept it up to date. When I was gigging regularly I had an insurance policy with everything listed with serial numbers. This thread is making me think I should take some photos of serial numbers and suchlike
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)