Cort CEC1

Anyone got any views on the https://rguitars.co.uk/collections/nylon-strung-guitars/products/cort-cec1-open-pore (Cort CEC1) or Cort acoustics generally?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    That actually looks quite nice
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Quick bump as asking a query on a Friday evening was, with hindsight, not likely to get a huge number of views as most people have better things to do on a Friday night. 
  • I haven't personally played one, but cort guitars (especially the acoustics), seem to have a reputation for outperforming their price range. The Gold Labe 000 acoustics grab my attention, and I seem to recall a member picking a cort over a martin a few weeks ago. Best is to just play it and find out if you love it
    Nathan_W said:
    I haven't personally played one, but cort guitars (especially the acoustics), seem to have a reputation for outperforming their price range. The Gold Labe 000 acoustics grab my attention, and I seem to recall a member picking a cort over a martin a few weeks ago. Best is to just play it and find out if you love it
    Let’s just say I hope you’re right. I may have one on order....
    Well I have this:

For just over a month now and am slowly getting to grips with it. The higher action and slightly wider string spacing proved a challenge at first but I generally hit the right notes although I do get caught out from time to time. 

Richard’s Guitars did a great job on the setup so it was playable straight out of the box. The instrument is well finished with no blemishes and I can’t see any glue runs inside.

Plugged in it’s a little “quacky” perhaps but the electronics were a nice to have. Minor niggle is that the tuner doesn’t seem to distinguish between a note and it’s sharpened version but that aside it does its job fine. 

I’m new to classical/nylon guitars so perhaps not the best judge but I’m pleased with the tone and certainly it offers great value for money. 
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Looks a nice guitar. From the spec, this has a 45mm nut width which is very narrow for a nylon strung guitar - even those aimed at steel string players. However, if it works for you .......

Most nylon strung crossover guitars from steel string guitar manufacturers have settled on 48mm - although Furch for one have also gone for 45mm. I've got an LAG nylon which has a remarkably good tone for the money and that is 46mm at the nut.

edited January 2020
    Thanks!

My Venus, the other guitar in the picture, has a 43mm nut so I was looking for something close. Works for me anyway!
    Yes - nut width is a personal preference based on playing style and anatomy. Some prefer a narrower width and others, like me, don't. My acoustics are  45 / 46mm and I bought the LAG to see what a 46mm nut felt like with nylon strings before commissioning a custom build with Brook. To me, 46mm felt OK but I've decided to play it safe with 48mm.

The Venus is a nice guitar. I had one once but, you guessed it, the nut was too narrow for me.

I am a bit concerned about the proximity of your guitars to the radiator:)
    Thanks for the concern but the radiator isn’t used, at least not when the guitars are there. 
    Phew - that's a relief!  :)

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy the guitar. If it sounds as good as it looks then it is a terrific buy.
    Definitely enjoying it thanks. And definitely feel I'm getting value for money.