Machines for a Levinson Blade

What's Hot
Can anybody help me on this? I need a set of machines for a Levinson Blade neck it's a Japanese Texas model.

I've finished a couple of projects, so I'd like to get the guitar I've built around this finished...

I'd like to do it without drilling new holes.

(It's now got the springy string tee.)

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    Schaller M6 Minis and Gotoh SG360s should fit that screw hole position - I think the originals are Gotoh.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
    edited December 2019
    ICBM said:
    Schaller M6 Minis and Gotoh SG360s should fit that screw hole position - I think the originals are Gotoh.
    Thanks - the pesky screw hole position seems to vary a lot!

I've got some Schallers, but their screw tab is down at a right-angle rather than along. The minis look right, though.

edited December 2019
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    tFB Trader
    You need to find tuners with a "135" fitting, i.e. the screw hole is 135° from vertical.

Those @ICBM suggested are ideal.

• GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    tFB Trader
    Those mini tuners come in two different sizes, can you measure the distance from the centre of the tuner post hole to the centre of the screw hole? Modern Schaller minis are 9mm centre to centre, where as Gotoh SG360s are 10mm, it might not sound like much but it can make the difference between a set fitting or not.
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    1 set of Gotoh SG360s fitted - straight in, screws went in smoothly. 
    Thanks for the help!

• GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    tFB Trader
    Great stuff!
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.