SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB ~5w combo for home

What's Hot
liamonliamon Frets: 103
Looking for a high-end combo for home use. Think rift, lazy j, Victoria etc. Let me know what’s in your attic. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    edited December 2019
    Bargain Eli Abbott 5e3 in the classified section ATM (not mine).
  • liamonliamon Frets: 103
    Fuengi said:
    Looks lovely but too much heft at 20w. 
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    Fender 57 Champ in classifieds 
  • liamon said:
    Fuengi said:
    Looks lovely but too much heft at 20w. 
    I've have had both, not really much difference in volume. 5w is pretty loud (did a couple of smallish gigs and loads of rehearsals with my 5w)
  • greejngreejn Frets: 127
    Hi- have a nice Victoria 2-stroke, £700. Cheers, Jon
  • greejngreejn Frets: 127
    Just checked, it's 15w and a bit noisy...
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    edited December 2019
    Have a word with Barry over at Vyse Amps. He can do you a fantastic tweed champ clone (4w I think, high and normal input plus vol and tone) for around £250. Crazy value for a hand wired uk built amp. I love mine

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I have tone king falcon I’m thinking of selling if your interested it’s 13 watts but has the a
    ttenuator
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    hamfists said:
    I have tone king falcon I’m thinking of selling if your interested it’s 13 watts but has the a
    ttenuator
    Very nice amp. I've got the 10" version and it's compact, light and looks great. The attenuation means you can play it whisper quiet to gig level. 
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    It may not be high end enough but I have a lovely Blackstar Artisan 10 (AE10) in Burgundy. 
  • Cornford Harlequin. Early version with small logo and metal grille. Handwired, 6 watts, Hi/Lo inputs.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    Bogner Atma Combo?

can do 1 watt, 5 watt and 18 watt.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Have a word with Barry over at Vyse Amps. He can do you a fantastic tweed champ clone (4w I think, high and normal input plus vol and tone) for around £250. Crazy value for a hand wired uk built amp. I love mine

+1 for Vyse. Barry made me a blackface champ style 4-5w amp but with full bass/mid/treble controls, high and low gain inputs, a 10” alnico speaker and a headphone output win level control. It’s perfect for home use.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66 said:

+1 for Vyse. Barry made me a blackface champ style 4-5w amp but with full bass/mid/treble controls, high and low gain inputs, a 10” alnico speaker and a headphone output win level control. It’s perfect for home use.
    How much was that, roughly? Sounds exactly what I'm after. 
  • freemeat said:
    Jimbro66 said:

I think the regular price is round about £350 but when I spoke to Barry he had a chassis already finished sitting around so he sorted the cabinet out to my specs and did a deal. Think it worked out about £250 all in.

I loved mine so much I went out and bought a tweed deluxe so I can use it out of the the house too. I’m now flipping a mental coin in my head whether I need the cub too as they sound pretty similar.

The cub overdrives at home volume nicely but is exactly that , a home or recording amp rather than one you can take to a jam (imho)

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    freemeat said:
    Jimbro66 said:

It worked out around £550 in the end which is about £200 more than the standard Vyse 8" Champ but it takes account of the larger cab, 10" alnico speaker, more comprehensive tone controls and the headphone outlet. I also had mine finished in blonde Tolex. It's a lot of amp for that money being all hand wired with quality components. Does the job perfectly for me.
  • If you can find one a Victoria Regal II can run from approximately 2.5 to 55 watts depending on what valves you put in it.  All valve tremolo and spring reverb. They are 1x15 as standard and are about as overkill as possible for a home practice amp but can be gigged if you put in the bigger bottles.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom