Bon Jovi Christmas Song + Need Your love so bad

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14231
in Music tFB Trader
Just heard the Bon Jovi 'Please come home for Christmas'song in a coffee shop this morning - Just realised it is an 8 bar blues cycle that is effectively the same as 'Need Your Love So Bad'

A great blues sequence to play over - I love that D sharp diminised chord in bar 4 that follows the D7  chord
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the cassette single somewhere. Used to have the Eagles 45s too
  • It’s got a fantastic guitar solo at the end of that track. Very tasty and played by Tim Pierce. I guess Sambora wasn’t around at that point.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14231
    tFB Trader
    It’s got a fantastic guitar solo at the end of that track. Very tasty and played by Tim Pierce. I guess Sambora wasn’t around at that point.
    Never knew that - Just assumed it was RS - And yes a good solo and a decent song

Nice to hear that chord sequence without thinking that your own solo is based around Pete Green's 
  • It’s got a fantastic guitar solo at the end of that track. Very tasty and played by Tim Pierce. I guess Sambora wasn’t around at that point.
    Sambora was around at this point , I have loads of stuff but mainly prefer the first four albums , or even the first 3 . I knew Tim played on runaway but didn’t know he was on please come home for Christmas . My fave album I think is 7800 F but Slippery really is immense 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wiki tells me it was originally a solo JBJ release on an Xmas compilation album, but the European single was released a couple of years later under the band name. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    edited December 2019
    I do love that solo! Never realised Tim Pierce played it though...

https://youtu.be/mamWPQp6dEM
  • Cool . I think jbj also did one called merry Christmas R2  off the Star Wars xmas special aired in US . Gonna listen to some of my 80s stuff tonight , probably 7800 or agora ballroom show. Ace band then