Aria Pro II bass pickup rewind

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BorkBork Frets: 256
    impmann said:
    That reminds me... any news on that Kent Armstrong, Ash... its been a couple of years. @OilCityPickups ;
    Maybe give Aaron Armstrong a call.  He will almost certainly be able to replace it.

[This space for rent]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10433
    tFB Trader
    Bork said:
    impmann said:
    That reminds me... any news on that Kent Armstrong, Ash... its been a couple of years. @OilCityPickups ;
    Maybe give Aaron Armstrong a call.  He will almost certainly be able to replace it.
    Well I have some more technical info on it that may mean it's impossible to repair: I strongly believe the pickups are in fact bonded wire air coils this means my original idea of boring down to find the 'pigtails' won't work - I can send it back - but short of winding two air coils and casting a replica with resin I think I'm scuppered.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Bork said:
    impmann said:
    Well I have some more technical info on it that may mean it's impossible to repair: I strongly believe the pickups are in fact bonded wire air coils this means my original idea of boring down to find the 'pigtails' won't work - I can send it back - but short of winding two air coils and casting a replica with resin I think I'm scuppered.
    Thanks for trying Ash... seems like a real shame, as they are such cool *looking* pickups as well as sounding (when they work!). It works as a single coil (IIRC) so I may find a use for it. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.