NPD & Pedal Empire, Brisbane

smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 665
edited December 2019 in FX
So just back from trip to Oz, where I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time (3 hours over 2 days) playing around with some stuff at the awesome Pedal Empire store in Brisbane. 

What a place! Absolute heaven on Earth for anyone into Stomp boxes! I could have spent soooo much longer in there, but the missus may have killed me!

Ben and the guys were an absolute blast to deal with. If anyone is ever in the vicinity of Brisbane, I would urge you to check out the shop. They have a cool Instagram feed too!

I got some Oz dollars for my recent 40th Birthday, and had decided I was leaving the shop with something Ozzy made. This didn’t stop me from playing around with a lot of other cool stuff.

And to top it off, the amps that are set up in the shop are Badcat’s! So I was actually able to hear how these pedals would sound with my ACTUAL amp at home. 

Check out the price on the Boss FA-1. It was stunning too!

I came away with the Anarchy Audio Gain Of Tones. A modified, 2 channel KOT/Bluesbreaker style pedal. It sounded absolutely killer into the Badcat.

Cracking trip to shops!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have the Anarchy Audio Gold Class low gain drive which really is a thing of beauty. My search for a ‘transparent’ drive stopped right there, gave me ‘the sound I had in my head’ - just perfect. 

If you ever move that Gain of Tones on.......
  • Zoolooter said:
    I have the Anarchy Audio Gold Class low gain drive which really is a thing of beauty. My search for a ‘transparent’ drive stopped right there, gave me ‘the sound I had in my head’ - just perfect. 

If you ever move that Gain of Tones on.......
    Massive +1 to the Gold Class. You're the first person I've found who's even heard of it! Great company, great pedals. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I had the Gold Class for a while and it was amazing. I think I only parted with it in a trade, and I secretly hoped that Pedal Empire would have one in stock!