NPD Barber Gain Changer SR

What's Hot
soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
edited December 2019 in FX

In all my excitement of getting a Volante yesterday for got to mention this, which also arrived. 

One of those lauded TGP pedals which rarely makes its way over to the UK, like the Timmy. And like the Timmy it is not expensive. 

Sounds great. Either pushing a dirty amp or as a gain stage on a clean one and works well for for low, mid or high gain. There's a 3-way eq toggle for flat, fat or flat with a mid bump and another toggle for med/higher gain. Everything is slightly Marshall flavoured and going into a Marshall amp it feels like another channel. 

It covers a lot of  ground. At its highest gain settings it's pretty punchy but I currently have it pushing an amp on the edge of breakup from Plexi to more JCM800 levels after a fuzz face, treble booster and bad bob boost and they all stack very well into it. 

Wish it had top jacks as I am so limited for space on my board but sound wise it really does everything you'd want of it. 

More in-depth and insightful gear reviews to follow. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ive just bought one off ebay too ! They are a great, sleeper pedal. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What happened to “I don’t need any pedals”? Lol
    What happened to “I don’t need any pedals”? Lol
    Ive been after one for a while and it was £80. Want to try an OD before and after the API
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7864
    Love Barber pedals. Half gainer and Burn Unit are also pretty damn epic. Stack beautifully too!
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    I have the gain changer and burn unit on one board. Cover pretty much most sounds very very well.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Ive just bought one off ebay too ! They are a great, sleeper pedal. 
    Could have just waited a week and bought mine mate!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • The Gain Changer hasn't left my board in over 2 years.... I have a Direct Drive lurking in the spare pedal drawer too. 

Great pedals. 
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    I have the Half Gainer, which I really like, and the Dirty Bomb, which I like, but which isn't quite for me in terms of the "voice" of the pedal, which is a bit more classic rock than I personally play. Very versatile though, in terms of what it can do. Probably punt it in the classifieds. But the experience of both pedals has meant I'll be looking out for more Barber stuff. 
  •  Bought my gain changer from here a couple of years ago and has been a permanent addition to my board. Also have the original big box direct drive on there too. Great pedals!
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    The Gain Changer hasn't left my board in over 2 years.... I have a Direct Drive lurking in the spare pedal drawer too. 

Great pedals. 
    Between the Gain Changer and Direct Drive, you can cover just about any guitar tone you desire. Both brilliant pedals.