Yet more HX Stomp questions

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
If I buy the extra 2 foot switches can I assign of the external ones as the tuner and or tap tempo?

And with 5 switches in snapshot mode, would I have 5 snapshots instead of 3?

Thanks y'all 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• eogeog Frets: 40
    You can assign tap/tuner to a switch, but I don't think they can be on separate switches. You can also cycle through snapshots (ss up/down), but not create and assign snapshots 4 and 5
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2330
    I've set my external footswitch so that one cycles through the view mode.  That means you flip between snapshot/pedal board/ patch mode.  For the other one i was going to use to switch on/off one block.   

It would be good to be able to separate tuner/tap tempo out but the problem is that by using an external switch for tap tempo you won't have the flashing led ring which is essential imo.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 669
    edited December 2019
    You can only ever have 3 actual snapshots, however if you had an external MIDI switcher you can have more options. I have a Morningstar MC6 which has 6 footswitches. I can assign each of those 6 switches to turn on/off as many of the blocks in a patch as I want. 

The only thing you wouldn’t be able to do is alter parameters on each block, such as gain/volume/delay time etc, which you can do in snapshots on the Stomp.

As mentioned above though, assigning tap tempo to an external switch means you don’t have the blinking tempo indicator. So, you would need to decide if you wanted to use your Stomp in snapshot mode or use the tap tempo