Gear woes

What's Hot
menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

My advise of the day, a reliable working setup trumps everything.  I’m currently waiting for power supply 3 from the US (Truetone CS7). It could finally power my HX stomp but that’s cutting out and going back in it’s own right.  Just had a £300 bill for my Princeton.
Gear can have running costs, but if you have a good stable setup don't be in a rush to change it for the latest things.  My gear has now let me down at multiple gigs and session guitar gig.  Shit happens, but I think of the reliable old board I had with great effects.  But mainly I think about it’s reliability.  Something my choices have led me away from. 

Truetone have been great, as have Anderson's for returns.  I feel like I’m backed by manufacturer and supplier.  But it’s such a faff diagnosing sporadic intermittent faults.  Kills it.  Puts me off.

So sometimes you have got to stay with what works. As Stephen Stills said ‘ love the one you're with’

Might get another Zoom G3.  That unit did nothing but be great.  That filter delay was divine.  But I fucked it off because it was a zoom and I’m a dick. It worked.

So thoughts, anybody had a rabbit hole that has led to pain?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I felt the same about my DL-4 with intermittent faults, regardless how much I liked the sounds, or how much people reassure me it was a one-off, it's put me off.

Interestingly, a friend of mine had a Trutone power supply die recently too. Which is worrying, as I bought one on his recommendation. Hmmmm...
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631
    As you say Tom, 't'appen but if people cannot make a reliable power supply in this day and age they either don't care about the punter or are incompetent. It is VERY BLOODY MATURE technology!

I do however blame the customer in many cases, They are chasing the most bells and whistles but for the least buck, something has to give.  PRESENT company excepeted of course!

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Yeah.. I started playing.. my problems began. Haha. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...