Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RandallFlagg's Lay Betting Journal: current betting bank total £488.21

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4834

Today's bet won:

13:10 Chepstow The Ogle Gogle Man WIN £5.04 matched at odd of 5.70

Betting bank now stands at £312.27

Well done mate, and thanks for the tips. I'm now at £103 and some change thanks to your assistance. Which is double my initial stake of £50 in just a month, I'm impressed!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    DefaultM said:
    Out of interest what is it about laying that you prefer to backing? 
    I've been weighing it up in my head and I like that there are more chances to win your bet due to all but one horse losing, but I can't get past risking more than I would make.
    I have similar issues when I back at short odds. Last Cheltenham William Hill did a massive boost on Altior to win but it was still under evens. I took it but ended up laying it off before the race because I couldn't stand the thought of losing £50 trying to make £45.
    Though to be fair it was the same festival where I'd just watched Sir Erec go from being the SP fave to being put down, so that was also an influence.
    I'm crap at picking winners and find it really quick to narrow down a couple of suitable races and horses for a lay bet. For lay betting to work you need a really good strike rate.

Boromedic said:

Today's bet won:

Well done mate, and thanks for the tips. I'm now at £103 and some change thanks to your assistance. Which is double my initial stake of £50 in just a month, I'm impressed!

Once you're all hooked I will move the tips behind a Patreon paywall and charge you a small a fee for the privelege ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welbywelby Frets: 17
    Well done again - Big thanks from me as well !

• I'm also back up to more-or-less where I was before Wednesday's loss. Nice.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4834
      Boromedic said:

Today's bet won:

Once you're all hooked I will move the tips behind a Patreon paywall and charge you a small a fee for the privelege ;)
    Lol, funnily enough I was going to PM youabout that very topic but you've beaten me to it! PM incoming now :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

edited January 2020
    Boromedic said:
      Boromedic said:

Today's bet won:

Once you're all hooked I will move the tips behind a Patreon paywall and charge you a small a fee for the privelege
    Lol, funnily enough I was going to PM youabout that very topic but you've beaten me to it! PM incoming now
    rest easy Al, I was joking, I have no plans to charge for tips, not this year anyway! I may be a Tory boy capitalist brexiteer but I couldn't sleep at night thinking people were paying money for me to tip them losing bets.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A few races make the shortlist today:
    • 13:05 Taunton
    • 13:40 Taunton
    • 16:15 Haydock
    Will decide later if worth a punt.

Today's bet: 16:15 Haydock Duc De Grissay SP lay £25 liability

• He’s doing well . Jolly interesting
    Today's bet won.

16:15 Haydock Duc De Grissay WIN £3.99 odds matched at 6.20

Betting bank now stands at £316.26

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No bet today (Sunday)

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7341
    edited January 2020
    DefaultM said:
    I've been weighing it up in my head and I like that there are more chances to win your bet due to all but one horse losing, but I can't get past risking more than I would make.
    I have similar issues when I back at short odds. Last Cheltenham William Hill did a massive boost on Altior to win but it was still under evens. I took it but ended up laying it off before the race because I couldn't stand the thought of losing £50 trying to make £45.
    Though to be fair it was the same festival where I'd just watched Sir Erec go from being the SP fave to being put down, so that was also an influence.
    I'm crap at picking winners and find it really quick to narrow down a couple of suitable races and horses for a lay bet. For lay betting to work you need a really good strike rate.
    Another advantage must be not having to worry about winning and getting your account closed. I opened a 888Sport yesterday and won a bit. Jokingly said to my wife how long do you reckon until I can't place a bet on that?
    Literally 12 hours later I try place another bet but max I'm allowed is 50p. Shocking. I've not even had chance to use the free bet they gave me for placing the first bet yet!

Edit: the above reminded me to place the free bets; only to find I'm not allowed. I can place £3 but that means I surrender the remaining £27 haha. Thanks for the Itchy and Scratchy Land money guys.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    DefaultM said:
    Another advantage must be not having to worry about winning and getting your account closed. I opened a 888Sport yesterday and won a bit. Jokingly said to my wife how long do you reckon until I can't place a bet on that?
    Literally 12 hours later I try place another bet but max I'm allowed is 50p. Shocking. I've not even had chance to use the free bet they gave me for placing the first bet yet!

Edit: the above reminded me to place the free bets; only to find I'm not allowed. I can place £3 but that means I surrender the remaining £27 haha. Thanks for the Itchy and Scratchy Land money guys.
    That’s terrible , can’t imagine proper bookies getting away with that. You would have to win bloody regular 
    If you win on Betfair Exchange by backing or laying no-one is going to close your account. 

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7341
    Going to have a look at what I've done, see if I can work out what they didn't like.
    I certainly intended to do the bad each way races I mentioned on it, but I hadn't yet. So unless they've got a Minority Report style set up who knows.
    Only 1 race makes my shortlist this morning. 16:00 Newcastle. Will see how the prices shape up later.

Today's bet: 16:00 Newcastle Skipthescales SP lay £25 liability

• YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1185
    edited January 2020

Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    edited January 2020
    Today's bet won 16:00 Newcastle Skipthescales WIN £5.28

Betting bank now stands at £321.54

Thought a song might match the mood today. I've been on a bit of Pearl Jam trip this weekend rediscovering their first album Ten and in particular Mike McCready's Strat tones.

I didn't really like them at the time, I was swept up in the whole Nirvana/Kurt Cobain thing where he suggested they were fake. In hindsight, they are a good solid rock band and look the part, like a modern Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Oh, and that Eddie Vedder is one helluva good looking boy, I wish I looked like that back in the day.

Alive (Live):

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom