Strap locks for acoustics

What's Hot
danodano Frets: 1593
Ive got a Faith Venus electro acoustic and the strap button on the body is quitr big,  has a hole in the centre for the 1/4" jack. Ive had no luck finding a strap lock that can go over this. 

Any ideas where i can find one ? What do you use ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72322

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    What you need is a “Strapkeeper”.

I’ve got one for my Faith Venus.

Simple, yet ingenious and works a treat.

They come from America, but the price means no import duty and mine came within a few days.
    We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I appreciate that you may not want to do this but having tried a number of solutions eventually I fitted an Antique Bronze Schaller strap lock to all my guitars. Generally between the jack socket and the back of the guitar. They’re rock solid when engaged and I’ve not had a problem since. 
  • TonyR said:

They come from America, but the price means no import duty and mine came within a few days.

Yes this. On me Larivee I use this on the jack pin and a rubber grommet on the neck one. Totally solid over many gigs.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    TonyR said:

Yes this. On me Larivee I use this on the jack pin and a rubber grommet on the neck one. Totally solid over many gigs.
    When I needed something I.orsere one of those and a slightly more expensive Planet Waves doohickey - imo the Strapkeeper is the neater solution, and arrived pretty swiftly from the US 
    Red ones are better.