Bell Electrolabs A.D.T.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PsychoacousticPsychoacoustic Frets: 0
    edited March 2023
    The Bell ADT sounds fantastic. The input gain adds a great attack to the guitar tone. 
    A more modern stereo version with random modulation is the Korg SDD3000 pedal, also with a great input gain circuit.  Complete control of left and right signals and low pass filters. 
    Plus a big part of Geordie’s sound (until a few years back) came from a TC Electronic 1210 Spatial Expander which sounds amazing on keys as well. 
    All the above work well together in the studio. Let’s hope @analoguetone , you get to create the next generation of ADT. One of the best tools in the box✊️
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 50FC50FC Frets: 0
    @analoguetone ; - any news on a new version or reissue ? I'm getting slightly obsessed with it :-). For the last year I'v been using a Whammy I  shallow functionto get a bit of that sound.

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 845
    Bell Electrolabs seem like brand ripe for resurrection.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • analoguetoneanaloguetone Frets: 29
    Apologies for the long delay in replying. Covid-19 hit, my dear Dad died in pain, with serious lack of duty of care from his GP and the whole debacle caused a lot of grief. I still miss my Dad greatly. I'm finally sorting out some ideas that I had back in my BBC days that were scribbles in a notebook, and are many years later, much more exciting as projects with the additional experience and knowledge that I've gathered over those years. This entails me building up a series of prototypes, costing, and then considering if it is worth doing. I have an inbuilt weird ability to hear sounds, or ideas, and see the block schematic of something that would do that, in my mind. I guess it comes from many years of activity as a problem solver in the tech industry.

I am also doing a few other things which does take up time . So WHEN - I have working prototypes, will publish some video clips of maybe some of my best friend musicians doing demos for me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    Excellent!
  • konnektorkonnektor Frets: 0
    edited March 5
    The Bell ADT sounds fantastic. The input gain adds a great attack to the guitar tone. 
    A more modern stereo version with random modulation is the Korg SDD3000 pedal, also with a great input gain circuit.  Complete control of left and right signals and low pass filters. 
    Plus a big part of Geordie’s sound (until a few years back) came from a TC Electronic 1210 Spatial Expander which sounds amazing on keys as well. 
    All the above work well together in the studio. Let’s hope @analoguetone , you get to create the next generation of ADT. One of the best tools in the box✊️
    Geordie said he liked the 1210... until the power went down, causing it to reset itself - one reason he went back to the Bell ADTs which are just so musical as well. The recent TC 1210 plug-in does a pretty good emulation of the hardware unit, but still not as nice as the Bell units.
  • konnektorkonnektor Frets: 0
    Apologies for the long delay in replying. Covid-19 hit, my dear Dad died in pain, with serious lack of duty of care from his GP and the whole debacle caused a lot of grief. I still miss my Dad greatly. I'm finally sorting out some ideas that I had back in my BBC days that were scribbles in a notebook, and are many years later, much more exciting as projects with the additional experience and knowledge that I've gathered over those years. This entails me building up a series of prototypes, costing, and then considering if it is worth doing. I have an inbuilt weird ability to hear sounds, or ideas, and see the block schematic of something that would do that, in my mind. I guess it comes from many years of activity as a problem solver in the tech industry.

I am also doing a few other things which does take up time . So WHEN - I have working prototypes, will publish some video clips of maybe some of my best friend musicians doing demos for me.
    Hi Tony - sorry to hear of your wrenching experience. Best wishes for your grieving process.

It's a weird coincidence that I PM'd you only today, after seeing this thread months ago, and I've only just seen your response here now. Good luck with your ADT prototypes. Put me on the list for advance purchase!
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    I use the double take on the Helix, it sounds huge up at gig volume even when in mono.