Guitar teachers

What's Hot
BarneyBarney Frets: 616
Just wondering iff anybody has any experience with group lessons ..maybe 4 at a time so it will be a reduced rate ...and what's the best way to go about it ..headphones and mixer ...or one of them jam hub things with headphones so you can isolate different instruments ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1960
    edited December 2019
    You in a room takin' 4 at a time on webcam, with a mixed funk jam in the background...Wha? Where's me glasses B  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    Schnozz said:
    You in a room takin' 4 at a time on webcam, with a mixed funk jam in the background...Wha? Where's me glasses B  
    The more I think about it ...errr.maybe not ..haha
  • I've only got one 'group' lesson which is two boys (under 10). Manageable but still loud. I wouldn't do more than that with kids though, too much noise/playing all the time, not sure if a jam hub or similar would solve that :) Done a rock school thing for the last 10 years, but that's more manageable as it's more of a classroom environment. I think adults would be fine though if that's what you're looking at. I think it all boils down to how much patience you have  =)
  • I don't usually do large groups, if I do it'd be 2 max, as there's too much noise as mentioned above when I'm trying to talk. Its hard to give all your attention to both people (or more people) as well, you would need both of them to be at the same level and pick up things at the same pace. When one is quicker than the other then it becomes a problem.

But yeah anyone who's enquired and is too tight to pay the one-to-one fee I always offer the option to pair up with someone else and split the fee so its not as much as a 1-2-1 but not half of it either.