Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

{NO SPOILERS} Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

What's Hot

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2444
    Reviews are out and they're not kind. Seeing it tomorrow so I'll hold off making my mind up til then, but given that JJ helmed TFA which completely lacked in originality, and TLJ was panned for setting a different tone, my hopes aren't especially high.
    I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, but I'm not expecting it to be my favourite.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We're off tonight to the midnight showing, can't wait - just hope it's more cohesive that TLJ!

We just watched all of the films in chronological order too to get ready for it, Rogue One's still my favourite, but I was more impressed by TLJ this time around (3rd viewing). It's not amazing, and I'm still annoyed by some plot aspects of it, but it does have some beautiful sequences - it just didn't really have the "feel" of the other saga films.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1545

Off tonight for midnight showing with some chums. Whilst they haven't all been stellar pieces of cinematic history, they are at least entertaining an visually spectacular. Especially if you can switch off to the plot inconsistencies, poor script/acting and WTF moments in TLJ.....

Looking forward to it :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72853
    Well here's someone who won't be going to see it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50834794

I definitely will, although I might wait until after Christmas when it's quietened down a bit...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RiftAmps said:
    Lots of light sabre fighting then Kylo Ren waivers and kills emperor but dies and becomes force ghost and lines up with Obi Wan, Yoda, Darth, Han Solo ets and they all do the It Ain't Half Hot Mum end song "Meet the gang 'cos the boys are here, the boys to entertain you" Roll credits.

£10 if you end up being right
    Christ your a bit tight!!! If the end titles appear's with "Meet the gang" @RandallFlagg gets a Rift Amp ! Come on that's a proper wager :)
    “Ken sent me.”
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1038
    Drinking game. Drink a shot everytime someone writes the word 'but' in this thread.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just about to see it. For some reason my local cinema are showing it in English, so couldn't resist. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10369
    I'm going tomorrow. Reviews are very mixed but they said there's a lot of fan service, so I'm okay with that.
  • I enjoyed it. Sure there are huuuuuuuggggeeee plot holes, but good enough.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got back, bloody loved it. Great ending to the saga!
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1545
    Also just back. A very fitting end - excellent set pieces, visuals as you would expect, new characters add rather than detract from the story. Plot holes? Yep, it's Star Wars after all. But as anyone who has played a Tele/Strat/LP etc knows, flaws dont always make a thing worse :)

The one thing I would say is that Star Wars Rebels has an imprint on this film, and Disney would be foolish not to explore that storyline.

Enjoy it, and dont think too hard about it.

Adam
  • I enjoyed it. Sure there are huuuuuuuggggeeee plot holes, but good enough.
    Well I expect that small independent studios can't afford good writers.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3073
    Gotta say I was a bit bored.  I’m satisfied with the conclusion I suppose, but I’m not sure I ever cared about any of the main characters in episodes I, II, III, VII, VIII or IX. 

I think I was looking for the buzz I got as a six year old when my Dad took me to see Star Wars.... and sadly it never happened. 
  • EPIC. Loads of the usual Star Wars nonsense and plot holes, but bloody loved it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Enjoyed it. Great end to my favourite story. Some surprises. Preferred it to the Last Jedi. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12004
     Teetonetal said:
    I enjoyed it. Sure there are huuuuuuuggggeeee plot holes, but good enough.
    So big you can fit that fleet through it.

but it’s okay, I mean I didn’t look at my watch once so held my attention and that means I wasn’t bored so it did the job.

best Star Wars movie ever? Nope.  I actually liked The Force Awakens the best out of the latest 3.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    edited December 2019
    Basically - it’s Return of the Jedi. 

Lots of very stupid plot points. Like, LOADS of them. 

However, I quite enjoyed it - a couple of nice surprises, but not as good as The Mandalorian. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10369
    It was mad and epic and silly. No complaints here really! 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6263
    Meh.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12175
    I loved it, played out roughly as expected but a great movie.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...