SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Princeton Reverb (1973?) + Flight Case + Eminence Copperhead

OrsomeWellsOrsomeWells Frets: 58
edited February 2020 in Amps £

1973 "Silverface" Fender Princeton Reverb with fitted flightcase.

The amp is currently fitted with an Eminence Copperhead speaker but the original (CTS?) speaker is also included

The original CTS speaker is fitted, the Copperhead is being removed and sold separately.

The output transformer was replaced by a previous owner to a Fender Deluxe Reverb output transformer - this gives the amp a bit more headroom/volume, a bit less sag and a slightly improved attack to notes, but the underlying tone is not affected.

A (non-original) Fender footswitch is also included to control the tremolo and valve driven spring reverb.

The flightcase is a perfect fit - it was made to the measurements of this amp and not the modern reissues which have slightly different dimensions - and has 4x heavy duty castors making the amp easy to get in and out of venues/studios. Even when in the flightcase, the amp is quite a comfortable lifting weight for one person.

More information on 70s Princeton Reverbs here:
http://fenderguru.com/amps/princeton-reverb/

£1300 £1150 £1100 PPG (not inc shipping) 

SOLD

I'm not interested in any trades I'm afraid, just a straight sale.

I'm down in Penzance in Cornwall. I could drive up as far as Exeter to meet up, or buyer could arrange collection via courier.

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not quite sure why it got a LOL - I've priced this based on Reverb/eBay sale prices but obviously open to offers and if the pricing is too far off the mark then I'm all ears :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • I'll try to get some gut shots later in the week, but I know the previous owner changed out the large PSU caps and most of the valves are RCA but the 6V6 are EHX.
    The faceplate is actually straight as far as I can tell, but the speaker cloth frame is slightly warped which I think is what you're seeing, if you look at the straight-on images you can see the top and bottom of the cloth frame is slightly bent inwards.
  • Sorry I take it back, there is a slight ding to the front panel near the front panel power light - apologies!
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2325
    Well it's a WOW from me - I love the silver face look!
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12438
    I think the logo dropped the tail in 73. 
  • Chassis number is A 27514

Model: Princeton Reverb (silverface)
    Construction year: 1973
    Type: AA1164, B1270

From: https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-fender-amps_eng.php
  • Price Drop Bump
  • Beauty!
  • Bump
  • Price drop to reflect removal of Copperhead from amp (and now not included in the sale) and replacement of original CTS.

It's up on eBay now (for more) but would rather sell to a member of this forum :) but appreciate my location is a problem...!