Reaper-Scarlett-Amplitube

CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
edited December 2019 in Studio & Recording
I've got myself a nice little home set up for recording and mixing, and just generally playing around. I am currently trialing Reaper as my DAW, as I can't get to grips with Ableton, which came free with my Scarlett, well, the lite version anyway.
I digress. I have downloaded some amplifier software, namely Amplitude, and am currently trialing some of their offerings. My issue is, that when I get a  sound I like, I record the track in Reaper, so far so good, it all records fine, but the playback is just a clean sound, no distortion or reverb etc. I'm confused. I seem to be going around in circles in menus trying to find a solution, so I've turned to the wise men around these parts for help.
Many thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Are you using Amplitube as a plug-in in Reaper, or as a stand-alone application? You need to do the former.
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    Ah, I see. (I think) I'm using it as a standalone. This is getting complicated......................Back soon. Off to find out how I solve that one. Thanks for your help.
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Here you go

(Should you need to) make sure you enter the appropriate directory in the first part (so that your plugin is found). You can have multiple directories so you can add to any already there (I think semicolons are the separator).

Watch the video to see how to add an effect to the track. It may be that Reaper has already "seen" your plugin and you don't need to do any messing with the directories bit at the start.
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    That's fantastic that chaps. All sorted. What a wonderful place this is. Plenty more learning to do but I must say I'm finding Reaper a lot more intuitive to use than Ableton.
    Many thanks again for your help.