Danelectro 59 Questions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @chrisj1602 does the reissue have a truss rod in the neck ? I assume it does ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @chrisj1602 does the reissue have a truss rod in the neck ? I assume it does ?
    Yes it does.
  • RickLucas said:
    The original bridge collapsed on mine, probably partly due to the heavy strings in open A tuning. However, I replaced it with a Wilkinson short Tele bridge with 3 compensated brass saddles. Much better sustain now than the 3-screw wooden saddle job.
    The modern ones all collapse under string tension. 
    If this is the case, what kind of time frame are you describing?
    My Dano '56 U2 PRO Reissue is about 14 years old & shows no sign of imminent collapse despite being constantly strung at normal tension.
    My Dano is probably about 22 years old and the bridge plate is beginning to bend in the middle. When I get time I’ll straighten it out and add a screw in the middle to stop it happening again. A friend of mine had the same problem with the otherwise excellent baritone version.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    edited January 2020
    I already have a Danelectro U1 (90s reissue) and the bridge is sagging. I am thinking of upgrading the bridge to one of the more modern Dano bridges with the individual saddles or the Jeff Senn classic tele style looking bridge. Anyone do this?
    Also I notice the jack input isn’t great so not sure if there is a standard replacement I could get here...
    I tuned it D to D and it sounds good ! Pickup is a bit weak so might replace it too. Only thing is as it’s a one pickup guitar should I replace it with a neck or middle or bridge pickup ?