NGD Fender Japan 50th anniversary Strat (spec help)

What's Hot
Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
edited December 2019 in Guitar
MIJ Strat https://imgur.com/gallery/fFoceQJ

So, after a lot of scrolling through various websites I managed to pick up an absolutely mint (and I mean mint) 50th anniversary strat. It spent most of its life under an auld lads bed until he finally sold it to me this week . 
I'm looking for some details on it and can't find much info anywhere. 
It has a V serial no. and says it's from the fugi-gen factory from 1996-1997. That's about as much as I know atm.
Can anyone help me with a bit more info especially what reissue is it and what the finish is on the body. 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2417
    edited December 2019
    Link no good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    Sorry. Should be working now. Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4198
    edited December 2019
    Gorgeous guitar, congrats!

Fender Japan badged all* of their guitars that year with the 50th logo, so I expect this is a normal 62 reissue but with that extra little detail. That means it’ll have a poly finish, and will either have US Vintage pickups and a basswood body, or Texas Specials and an alder body. The easiest way to tell will be to check under the pickguard and see if the pickups are labelled at all (they might not be).

*at least I’m fairly sure it was all of them! I’ve seen it added to all sorts of models from that year, and there didn’t seem to be any kind of method or madness to it that limits it to certain guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    My 50'th anniversary Candy Apple Red Japanese Strat had fairly generic IIRC plastic bobbined pickups with a RWRP middle. I went into purchase a maple necked Strat, but this one just shouted out at me. I swapped the pickups for DiMarzio Virtual Vintages but that was more due to computer screen noise than anything else.
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    Cheers for the info lads.
    So far im loving the new strat. The neck feels great, the bodys comfortable and most of all it sounds awesome especially when using it with the Duellist. 
    I think i might have it refretted at some point with med-jumbo frets as im used to those on my tele but for now itll do just fine!
  • FezFez Frets: 537
    That's a beauty Happy NGD. 
    Don't touch that dial.