A thing of beauty!

I figure that guitar builders would appreciate this ... the Studley Tool Chest

Designed to hold his own tools, as well as a collection of 19th-century hand tools, Studley worked diligently to craft an ingenious system that would pack everything (300 tools) into the relatively small space. Flip up trays, hidden compartments, and multiple layers conceal everything perfectly, like a well put together jig-saw puzzle. Each tool has its proper space, even clicking when pushed into place.

Full info: https://mymodernmet.com/studley-tool-chest/?fbclid=IwAR2twqlADPPtXrIi4hgVGIX0B4oW7HobTf9LJJPA7srSsiUoZjOvMIBC8UI

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    Amazing work.  I suspect it needed a fair bit of planning and prototyping to get to the finished article.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    That is wonderful but I can't help but feel it's not practically useful. I still have  my old Stanley Yankee screwdriver, 30+ years old, but my DeWalt driver will put 6" screws into joists in a tenth of the time and with almost zero effort. 
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Of course it was useful lol this was built by a guy back in the 1800s I don't think Dewalt were easy to get hold of back then
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    edited December 2019
    axisus said:
    I figure that guitar builders would appreciate this ... the Studley Tool Chest

Designed to hold his own tools, as well as a collection of 19th-century hand tools, Studley worked diligently to craft an ingenious system that would pack everything (300 tools) into the relatively small space. Flip up trays, hidden compartments, and multiple layers conceal everything perfectly, like a well put together jig-saw puzzle. Each tool has its proper space, even clicking when pushed into place.

Full info: https://mymodernmet.com/studley-tool-chest/?fbclid=IwAR2twqlADPPtXrIi4hgVGIX0B4oW7HobTf9LJJPA7srSsiUoZjOvMIBC8UI

second pic, bottom right sums it all up really--masterpiece.
    probably started putting it together when he was 16, finished it when he was 21.
    how much???
    edit, should have checked the original post- a lifetime and a lot......
  • Utterly beautiful.  Does the England rugby team come with it to carry it?
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    hywelg said:
    That is wonderful but I can't help but feel it's not practically useful. I still have  my old Stanley Yankee screwdriver, 30+ years old, but my DeWalt driver will put 6" screws into joists in a tenth of the time and with almost zero effort. 
    Me too. My Yankee is going nowhere and it's great to use.