Hard Shell Case with Tremolo Cut out

TeflonTeflon Frets: 225
I'm looking to buy a new hard shell case for my Burns that incorporates a cut out in the lid to accommodate the vibrato arm. Does anyone know of a supplier of such things?

The original hard case (Hiscox) requires the arm to be swung out of the way, and I just know that one day I will forget, and perhaps cause some damage.

Cheers,

Cliff
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The only cases that I’m aware of that have this feature are the Musicman Hardcases, but they are obviously custom made for the Musicman guitar shapes, so I very much doubt they would fit your Burns.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    With respect... don't spend money on something you don't need, just get into the habit of remembering. You'll notice soon enough if you try to close the lid with it pointing the wrong way anyway.

Any hard case which allows you to leave the arm facing the wrong way is going to be far deeper than it needs to be, and probably not as good a case as the Hiscox either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TeflonTeflon Frets: 225
    edited January 2020
    The only cases that I’m aware of that have this feature are the Musicman Hardcases, but they are obviously custom made for the Musicman guitar shapes, so I very much doubt they would fit your Burns.
    Thanks, I suspect you're right.
    ICBM said:
    With respect... don't spend money on something you don't need, ...…...

Sensible advice, but if I did that, I wouldn't have 4 guitars .  If I'm honest, it's more a hankering for new stuff than a real need . I know the newer Burns come with a case that does what I need (cough, want!), but I was hoping to get something a little diferent. I suspect I may end up just ordering a case direct from them at some point.

Cheers