Anyone in a band thats used/tried the FBT Vertus line array

What's Hot
monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
Just finished sound check for our gig tonight and the disco rocks up with 2 little subs and tops. Turns out there the FBT Vertus system...and boy does that kick it out for Disco use. Just wondering if any bands have tried them out.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8739
    The problem I’ve encountered with all the system I’ve tried is that the guitar gets lost in the crossover zone
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    We used the rcf evox 8 which is similar and was great for a 4 piece band
  • I use 2 EV Evolve 50s for full band all the time. 

Absolutely phenomenal. I've even used them for outdoor gigs. I can't for the life of me figure out why people insist on carrying around 2 massive 18 inch bass bins anymore. Times have changed.

The only issue I ever had was one bloke in a band looked at my system and told me he was going to set his own speakers up as mine would "ruin his tone as there wouldn't be any mids". I told him that wasn't going to happen (I was doing sound for 8 bands in a row at mini pub festival) ...he apologised to me later, when he heard how good the EVs are. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Roland said:
    The problem I’ve encountered with all the system I’ve tried is that the guitar gets lost in the crossover zone
    That’s an odd comment, but easily fixed if you EQ the system properly not just rely on plug and play. 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    That’s an odd comment, but easily fixed if you EQ the system properly not just rely on plug and play. 
    Exactly. I pair mine with an XR18, so I can even bung the guitarist a tablet and tell them to EQ their own sound from out front. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8739
    All the linear array systems I’ve tried used very small array speakers, and relied on the sub for a lot of the mid range frequencies. Stick something in front of the sub, like a couple of people, and there’s no guitar or keyboard mid-range, just a thin sound from the array and less directional frequencies from the E string.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    All the linear array systems I’ve tried used very small array speakers, and relied on the sub for a lot of the mid range frequencies. Stick something in front of the sub, like a couple of people, and there’s no guitar or keyboard mid-range, just a thin sound from the array and less directional frequencies from the E string.
    I get what your saying, but I expect this is from a playing perspective and very crowded enviroment, Standing close to the column and only getting the high end is an issue compared to standing close to a standard12” box . Like most PAs things start to sound better the further away you are from them, and players rarely experience the sound the audience gets.
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I was concerned about this, but once we got the Evox it was great.  Plenty of grunt from the guitars (Helix direct) so much so I stopped using an amp at all