Yamaha DSR112..... Should I ??

paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 842
edited December 2019 in Live
Not as simple as the title.  I already have ONE of these.  I picked it up about 18 months ago for keys.   I dont actually use it at home as I am either through headphones or studio monitors.  I picked one up for live back line, or my monitor (if keys go to FOH).

Now Im playing in a band, and intend on the club scene (possibly even the holiday circuit in 2021).  These speakers arnt made anymore, and there are a few left in the UK at silly prices (for the product) - £599.

Is it worth spending that money so I actually have a stereo PA of my own should I need it.  I can use 1 for backline and 1 for vocal monitor in smaller venues and possibly even use them as the main POA (where the singers RCF Art 315s (I think) might not cut it either freq wise or volume) or indeed supplement his 15"s and sub at large venues (if we ever get there and they dont let us use the house PA - Ive been a guest at camps where the bands use their own PA).

Despite being a decent price for the speaker - If the band splits I wont use one let alone 2 (though as I say, Ill have my Own decent PA should I ever need one in the future).

So close to pulling the trigger, but just a little hesitant.  Cant wait long though, as when there gone Ill be luck to get one (used ones will generally be a pair... IF you can find any).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It will be  easier in the future to sell a pair of speakers as opposed to one on its own
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 842
    edited January 2020
    This is true, and something Id not really thought of consciously (I think it has lingered in the back of my mind though).