Kramer vs Kramer vs..

What's Hot
tabanotabano Frets: 100
fantastic new decade to all of you!!
I am toying with the idea of a new guitar out of my comfort zone and I would very much appreciate if any owners could tell me about them and how they compare to the classic pacer if you’ve played both,
any a/b comparison comments with other super strats more than welcome!!
Thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Are Kramer still going?? I haven't seen any for years. I've never tried a Kramer, but my go to super strat would be a Charvel.
  • tabanotabano Frets: 100
    As far as I can tell yes.
    at least they are available in the shops and the website and Facebook are alive..
    I liked the Charvels I’ve tried but a tad beefier neck would suit me better..
    also I’d like a slightly smaller than standard  body size guitar...
    yes... too much asking maybe..
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited January 2020
    Charvel Guthrie Govan has a slightly more chunky neck than the average widdly Super Strat 
  • sixwheeltyrrelsixwheeltyrrel Frets: 186
    edited January 2020
    I've owned a Baretta 84 for a while and am happy with it. I like the workhorse simplicity of the design.

Not sure about the neck being particularly beefy although it is more substantial and less tapered than a fender modern C.

Both the neck and body are maple which makes it really hefty. It balances well but if weight is a concern then I would recommend looking at Charvel, Jackson etc instead.

EVH do this one which is very similar to a Pacer

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/190430343005008--evh-5150-parabellum-satin-primer-grey-mn

edited January 2020
    Thanks for the help guys,
     I actually like the idea of a maple body,
    wieght is not too much of an issue ( within reason) 
    the Govan Charvel is waaaay out of my £ unfortunately..
    I am looking at spending around £500..

• tabano said:
    Thanks for the help guys,
     I actually like the idea of a maple body,
    wieght is not too much of an issue ( within reason) 
    the Govan Charvel is waaaay out of my £ unfortunately..
    I am looking at spending around £500..

The Charvel DK24 range has a smaller body, and there are loads of combinations of pickups and trems available. Some good deals around at the moment, too
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• I had the pace vintage tiger it was really nice the neck feels thicker in some way than most guitars of this kind but it was not uncomfortable . It has Seymour Duncan jb termbucker in the bridge and the equivalent in the neck . The Floyd is an frt1000 made in Korea to the original specs and is top mounted with no recess but it does have a degree of pull back on it , it could be quite high I gues for some people who are used to the More low profile of a recessed one. I haven’t had a classic but a guy called dr scary on the old forum had a few and swore by them but he was an endorsee, the classic has a licensed Floyd and some kind of stock humbuckers which may be made by epiphone , the neck is supposedly thinner than the tiger stripe vintage model and the body is /was mahogany instead of maple . I’m not sure about the radius but I think the vintage may have been 12 or 14 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I had the pace vintage tiger it was really nice the neck feels thicker in some way than most guitars of this kind but it was not uncomfortable . It has Seymour Duncan jb termbucker in the bridge and the equivalent in the neck . The Floyd is an frt1000 made in Korea to the original specs and is top mounted with no recess but it does have a degree of pull back on it , it could be quite high I gues for some people who are used to the More low profile of a recessed one. I haven’t had a classic but a guy called dr scary on the old forum had a few and swore by them but he was an endorsee, the classic has a licensed Floyd and some kind of stock humbuckers which may be made by epiphone , the neck is supposedly thinner than the tiger stripe vintage model and the body is /was mahogany instead of maple . I’m not sure about the radius but I think the vintage may have been 12 or 14 
    Many thanks for the info!
    I have spent quite sometime doing some research and apparently the new pacer vintage is  not Korean nor is the Trem( it seems to be a cheaper version??..)
    the charvels san Dimas seem to have better reviews altogether but I dig the look of the Kramer’s better, pure aesthetics...,also the neck on those Kramers are a bit closer to what I am looking for based on specs and comments..
    I’ll see if I can try one out..
  • tabano said:
    I had the pace vintage tiger it was really nice the neck feels thicker in some way than most guitars of this kind but it was not uncomfortable . It has Seymour Duncan jb termbucker in the bridge and the equivalent in the neck . The Floyd is an frt1000 made in Korea to the original specs and is top mounted with no recess but it does have a degree of pull back on it , it could be quite high I gues for some people who are used to the More low profile of a recessed one. I haven’t had a classic but a guy called dr scary on the old forum had a few and swore by them but he was an endorsee, the classic has a licensed Floyd and some kind of stock humbuckers which may be made by epiphone , the neck is supposedly thinner than the tiger stripe vintage model and the body is /was mahogany instead of maple . I’m not sure about the radius but I think the vintage may have been 12 or 14 
    Many thanks for the info!
    I have spent quite sometime doing some research and apparently the new pacer vintage is  not Korean nor is the Trem( it seems to be a cheaper version??..)
    the charvels san Dimas seem to have better reviews altogether but I dig the look of the Kramer’s better, pure aesthetics...,also the neck on those Kramers are a bit closer to what I am looking for based on specs and comments..
    I’ll see if I can try one out..
    Every charvel I have played Is outstanding had an SD and a so cal wonderful 
  • I played a friends SM1  think that’s what it is with the bear claw fretmarkers , that was amazing too. 
  • I think the old Kramer forum moved to Facebook see if you can find it