Peavey Rockingham........anybody had one /got one ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• aguirreaguirre Frets: 30
    I spoke with Darrell after a gig he did at the Night and Day with Imelda May (also got him to sign his Cochran book for me). He recommended using the Rockingham as a base for modding, as you can see in the video he'd done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6139
    I owned a Chinese one with the Bigsby and it was blindingly good for the money. The pickups were especially good and had that gorgeous classic Gretsch  chime to them. A great very undervalued guitar.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Yes.......inclined to agree
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    I had a look at one the other day in Bridgend. Korean with Bigsby. Absolute mint condition with had case. Going for £350. It is going back on gumtree soon if anybody interested. A really nice gent. 

I think he is telling the truth when he says he has only played it a couple of times. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7880
    edited January 2020
    equalsql said:
    I owned a Chinese one with the Bigsby and it was blindingly good for the money. The pickups were especially good and had that gorgeous classic Gretsch  chime to them. A great very undervalued guitar.
    Edit:  oops. Replied to wrong thread. Meant to reply to one about it being an modding playform.  Sorry. 

————
    There is one big problem with this though. I’ve upgraded countless cheap guitars, and Gretsch Electromatics....

Upgrades count for nothing when you come to sell, so all that time and money and effort you plough into a guitar to get it ‘just so’ means nothing when you get bored with it, and gravitate back to the more rarified air of the better quality guitars you own. 

That’s why I’ve had such a downer with Gretsch Elecromatics of late.  By all accounts, the never models are better sorted from the factory in the last few years, but the ones I had all needed a shit load of work doing to get them into a solid playing condition. Which meant junking the bridge, getting the nut sorted, in many cases, replacing the electronics, and a proper setup. And for a guitar that they’re asking almost £1k for, that’s not acceptable. 

Anyway, @Dominic. I hope you like it, and enjoy the upgrade path.  Most of all, I hope it’s a keeper
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    TBH I don't think it "needs" upgrade.......seems to play/sound perfectly good enough