SG with a rounded C profile neck...

What's Hot
Does this exist? All the ones I have tried are wide at the nut and flat at the back of the neck.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Does this exist? All the ones I have tried are wide at the nut and flat at the back of the neck.
    Not in current production outwith the custom shop to my knowledge. The standards back around 2010-ish were much chunkier.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Used: an SG classic might please your palm -
    definitly fuller. As is the Pete Townshend sig from 2001. I’d love the new 61 with vibrola but the neck profile puts me off. I should really try one...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • The 50s tribute models had a baseball bat neck. Cheap too. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    My 2008 Standard has this (I think) - it’s my favourite neck profile. Not as fat/big shouldered as a 50s baseball bat on some LPs I’ve played, not as skinny as a 60s. For me it’s perfect.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    My 2000 SG Gothic has a chunky C shaped neck.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27100
    Any Standard from 2000 to 2010-ish should have a nice rounded profile. My 2001 Std is probably my favourite neck. Specials from the same era have huge round necks that are also very nice, if you're into baseball bats.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    I have a 2006 standard which is a very round C 50's neck, I assume that was the regular spec back then.
  • Not looking for a monster baseball bat but a nice rounded c as I play with my thumb over so like the profile to fill the void between hand and neck. Also why I don't want a wide neck as this is not conducive to thumb over..
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    I think you might like the 2000s standards then. Mine feels fatter and more substantial than a Fender modern C but a similar sort of shape with maybe a bit more shoulder. I hate wide necks and play with my thumb over a lot and I love it. I don’t really get on with the full on baseball bat 50s style found on Les Paul’s - the shoulders are too much for me and it feels slow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom