You’ll never take me alive Copper(caster)

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited January 2020 in Making & Modding
You’ll never take me alive Copper(caster)

New Year, New Project

Guitarbuild Strat body arrived at @lamf68 towers today for an aged Copper finish, I have all the parts here to put it together in a couple of months when the paint is done......nice bit of Swamp Ash, hoping the paint will sink into the grain....going for a crazed, aged finish with a few dings rather than rubbed wear....

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Richard @lamf68 ;who is painting the body is good as gold! He messaged say the body had arrived, messaged again to confirm primer/undercoat colour, then again to confirm I was REALLY sure I wanted to paint such a nice piece of Swamp Ash....really appreciate that....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I look forward to seeing this one. I'm going to spray an old Dearmond in the spring/summerRich in a copper finish. It won't looks as good as yours, because Rich is a true master, as we all know.

Rosewood or maple neck on this one?
    edited January 2020
    @victorludorum ;
    Neck is Birds Eye Maple with a Rosewood board, which I got from GSPBasses, years ago, which features relic split post tuners, Steel block trem etc from Crazyparts, 8 hole aged single ply white plate, not decided on pickups yet....

All hardware will be swapped over from this joker, I think they are Fat 50’s damned if I can remember!

This body is Alder sprayed in 1k Automotive paint “old penny” copper colour, I’m wanting “newer penny” copper colour in Nitro...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did you paint that 'old penny' one yourself?
    edited January 2020
    Did you paint that 'old penny' one yourself?
    Yes! and I'm now not sure what to do with it!...   probably go into the loft waiting for inspiration for another respray! It actually might make a good basecoat for a relic, to show through from behind another colour...who knows?!!

• Is it a guitarbuild one?

Is it a guitarbuild one?

Can't remember...probably, i’d have to take the neck off to find out?....

Is it a guitarbuild one?

Can't remember...probably, i’d have to take the neck off to find out?....
    Just popped the neck off and there is no Guitarbuild stamp, however I bought it finished from lamf68 as a burst, with slight relic, I then (in my infinite wisdom) ruined it by relicing it more, sanded the lot off and refinished again.....awkward!
    Guitarbuild don’t necessarily stamp bodies for pro builders/finishers....mist have veen a bare body as there are no trem spring cover holes....

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Nice. This should be great :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • It looks good to me. If you pop it up for sale I might be tempted back into the Strat market, even though I don't get on with them ;-)
    It looks good to me. If you pop it up for sale I might be tempted back into the Strat market, even though I don't get on with them ;-)
    OK I’ll have a think...

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    That is a lovely bit of swamp ash, I can see why Rich queried spraying it a solid colour. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out though.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.