Mooer GE150 vs Boss GT-1 Multi FX

StavrosStavros Frets: 337
Hi all,

Thought I would share my recent experience, having had a Mooer GE150 for Chrimbo.

I really liked it at first, loads of good sounding presets, drum machine, looper etc, and although it felt a bit flimsy I only need something for home use, so no big issue. Then I tried to update the firmware, firstly connecting to my iMac, absolutely no way of even launching the software, then on a Windows 10 pc - this time the software loaded but would not detect the GE150 no matter what I tried. So no way of easily loading or editing presets. I suppose I could have saved hours or even days of time by not faffing about with editing, but that’s part of the “fun”!

Swapped it for a GT-1, about the same price, and the difference is immense. No drum machine but in my view the presets are better, and (as an ex-Katana 50 owner) the Tone Studio software is so easy to use. It also feels much more robust and overall better quality.

Happy ending! At least until something else comes along that I think might be better but probably won’t be...
I love my brick
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom