Walking dead? Walking long tail shovels?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
edited January 2020 in Off Topic
Been binge watching this for a while now, just wondering though, In America, is there a long tail shovel just loitering around every corner? Even out in the middle of nowhere, if you need to bury something low and behold, a long tail shovel or two just happens to be there.
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeelHeel Frets: 271
    Availability of shovels is the least concerning improbability of The Walking Dead. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    Waiting to find out if Glenn made it or not, when he fell off the bin and apparently got eaten, if he did make it, it ends there!

I reckon when the zombie apocalypse comes, if I end up having as many lucky coincidences as they had, I wouldn't be acting all hard man about things, Id be shitting myself for when the luck runs out, or the shovels. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    There’s a long long long way to go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Just like the Welding Tackle that was always on hand for The A-Team :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • robgilmo said:

I reckon when the zombie apocalypse comes, if I end up having as many lucky coincidences as they had, I wouldn't be acting all hard man about things, Id be shitting myself for when the luck runs out, or the shovels. 
    I saw a great t-shirt once: on the front, a picture of two guys on top of a car, one with a shotgun, and a huge crowd of zombies... an arrow pointing to the guy with the shotgun, and a caption saying "where you think you'll be after the zombie apocalypse".

On the back was the same picture, and a caption "where you'll actually be after the zombie apocalypse", and an arrow pointing to the middle of the crowd of zombies :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I gave up a while ago, there’s more improbable stuff than the preponderance of shovels. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Dammit, he made it! Wont teary eyed Maggie be all pleased. If that's how easy it is, bring it on.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    robgilmo said:
    Dammit, he made it! Wont teary eyed Maggie be all pleased. If that's how easy it is, bring it on.
    You have much to learn. And watch. 

Most of it is far less plausible, sadly
    robgilmo said:

I just watched them take back Alexandria, Carl got shot in the face and seems to have survived, bless him, he's a tough little soldier! I see how this is all going now. Only 4 1/2 more seasons to go!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    edited January 2020
    It’s the constant supply of new shiny Hyundais that made me chuckle. And they’re easy to steal, apparently!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    I stopped watching a few seasons back. I take no one has yet to scavenged petrol that hasn't deteriorated to a point where it's unusable ?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    gilby said:
    I stopped watching a few seasons back. I take no one has yet to scavenged petrol that hasn't deteriorated to a point where it's unusable ?
    Petrol seems to be largely a thing of the past in the latest series as they’re all using horses. Darrel still has his motorsickle though (which despite being really noisy never seems to alert the walkers or his enemies) 
    robgilmo said:
    robgilmo said:

I just watched them take back Alexandria, Carl got shot in the face and seems to have survived, bless him, he's a tough little soldier! I see how this is all going now. Only 4 1/2 more seasons to go!
    My advice would be to start watching something else ASAP. 
    Series 9 now, its gotten really crap, to the point where I just cant be arsed watching it. The previous series' cliff hangers were like ''cant wait to see what happens'' , now its just blah.

What a let down!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    I gave up when they "cliffhangered" the Negan-Lucille incident, shortly after Glenn escaped death by camping under a bin. I shouldn't have lasted that long, tbh
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Its gone all glossy, all cowboys and Indians, Waiting for Rick to issue everyone with 10 gallon hats and chewin bacca.
    robgilmo said:
    Its gone all glossy, all cowboys and Indians, Waiting for Rick to issue everyone with 10 gallon hats and chewin bacca.
    Ah yeah, Rick. Errrr.... keep watching.  ;)
    boogieman said:
    robgilmo said:
    Ah yeah, Rick. Errrr.... keep watching.  ;)
    I feel a tear jerker coming up, his character is getting a bit tired anyway. Im more excited about the helicopter!
    edited January 2020
    robgilmo said:
    boogieman said:
    robgilmo said:
    Ah yeah, Rick. Errrr.... keep watching. 
    I feel a tear jerker coming up, his character is getting a bit tired anyway. Im more excited about the helicopter!
    Definitely keep watching then. 
  • Steering the thread back to the important point raised in the original post. I have wondered about this in US TV & films, there often seems to be a handy, or incriminating shovel in the trunk of someone's car, or just lying around. They always seem to be of the same type too, with a long straight wooden handle & a pointed blade, not like UK shovels with square blades & a grip of some kind on the end of the handle. I've never actually seen the Walking Dead, but good to hear this tradition is being maintained.
    Does anyone know if there are many plot lines involving shovels in Sex & The City, or The West Wing for example? Not sure I'd bother watching, but there could be a PhD in there for someone.