Cardiff or nearby builder

What's Hot
Looking for someone to put my partscaster together. I've sourced all the pieces (almost) and am now trying to find the best person locally who can fit it all together
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9618
    Do you know Gareth Lewis in Grangetown?
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Do you know Gareth Lewis in Grangetown?

I think I used him to install a pickup at PMT, hadn't realised he'd be my guy for this as well. I'll drop him a line.

Anyone else you know of?

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    There's Will Scott in Pembrokeshire, though that might be a bit away.  He's great though, I have a few guitars he worked on and built for me, including this, an all mahogany bodied Les Paul Custom in Gretsch Orange with a 25.5" scale and BK Emerald pickups

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9618
    I think Gareth did a fret dress and setup on my Epi Les Paul when he worked at Cranes. I’ve kept him in mind but not had reason to need a tech since then. I just recently picked up one of his cards from PMT actually.

The other obvious guy is Dave Dearnaley, although assembling partscasters might not be what he wants to do now, going by the reviews of his hand built acoustics.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    I've spoken to Gareth, he's not too far from where I live so I can drop it to him.

I used DD once before, excellent work just struggle to ever turn up at his place when he's there
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    PhilKing said:
    There's Will Scott in Pembrokeshire, though that might be a bit away.
    I know Will Scott but have not communicated with him for over a year. Perhaps, I should check that he is still trading?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Richard Meyrick Guitars in Abergavenny
    Check his site out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom