Overland Express Guitar courier service

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Just used APC via Overland Express to send a Les Paul and it was all faultless. Collected yesterday lunchtime and delivered lunchtime today : £30.24 including £1000 insurance cover, that’s excellent value. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1590
    boogieman said:
    Just used APC via Overland Express to send a Les Paul and it was all faultless. Collected yesterday lunchtime and delivered lunchtime today : £30.24 including £1000 insurance cover, that’s excellent value. 
    That’s a really good price. Could I ask how much it weighed and rough dimensions of the box please? 
    Asking as I went online for a quote today to send an acoustic guitar and was quoted £142! That’s for 11.5kg in weight and dimensions of the box 122cm x 80 x 22. Am I missing something? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Forgot to mention value for insurance cover was £1900. 
  • boogieman said:
    Agree, just sent my Les Paul to Feline with APC via overland express. About £40 with 2k insurance. Arrived in one piece the next day. Excellent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gandalph said:
    boogieman said:
    That’s a really good price. Could I ask how much it weighed and rough dimensions of the box please? 
    Asking as I went online for a quote today to send an acoustic guitar and was quoted £142! That’s for 11.5kg in weight and dimensions of the box 122cm x 80 x 22. Am I missing something? 
    Did you use the music instrument link?

https://www.overlandexpress.co.uk/musical-instrument-courier
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3337
    Yeah just used these guys again this week , £28 next day with £1000 insurance cover. 
    No issues. 
    Gandalph said:
    boogieman said:

I went via google, just tried the link and was quoted £34.
    Thank you for helping.
  • Just another comment on the excellent service with an ongoing issue that is now resolved and, while it was odd one that turned out not to be a courier issue, they provided great service and got me back an amp free of charge. No hesitation to recommend. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Sorry to half hijack the thread .

I need a £180 squier picked up and delivered to Sunderland.

So its not valubale and won't be in a case so..

Can i still use these ? and will they be the cheapest ?

If not ,any reccomendations for a courier to pick up and deliver ?

cheers in advance 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Gandalph said:
    Gandalph said:
    boogieman said:

I went via google, just tried the link and was quoted £34.
    Thank you for helping.
    Sorry I missed your earlier post @Gandalph. Mine was 11kg, 120x50x20. Insurance was £10 extra for £1k cover. Glad to hear you got yours sorted eventually. 
  • @mark123 if it’s a bolt on neck remove it and send via the cheapest on Interparcel as parts. 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    @mark123 if it’s a bolt on neck remove it and send via the cheapest on Interparcel as parts. 
    hi mate the sellers already got it boxed and ready to be picked up , as i said its only a squier so cheap as poss no insurance will do me.
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 209
    Just to say they seem to have upped their prices. APC used to be £10 per £1000 cover, I just paid £41 incl VAT for insurance on a £1700 guitar.
  • It just cost me £36 for an £800 guitar. A little disappointed. 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    bloomer said:
    Just to say they seem to have upped their prices. APC used to be £10 per £1000 cover, I just paid £41 incl VAT for insurance on a £1700 guitar.
    That does not sound wrong, £24 inc. vat for the insurance + another £17 inc vat for the courier). Box dimensions also make a significant difference, so I try to pack as compact as possible. 
    bloomer said:
    That does not sound wrong, £24 inc. vat for the insurance + another £17 inc vat for the courier). Box dimensions also make a significant difference, so I try to pack as compact as possible. 
    No I mean just the insurance itself was £41 Inc vat for a £1700 guitar. It used to be half that. The total cost was £56.
    @stuartm1962 is this a permanent change to the pricing of insurance for APC? 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3337
    I was lead to believe it’s overland that are providing the insurance, the courier is only charging their fee for the transport/logistics 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    bloomer said:
    bloomer said:
    No I mean just the insurance itself was £41 Inc vat for a £1700 guitar. It used to be half that. The total cost was £56.
    Sorry I misread that if that’s the case then back up to interparcel/parcelhero levels :(
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4842
    I've just had a look at Overland as I need to send a guitar soon. It appears the guitar specific booking page has gone for some reason and it's just the generic booking page where the insurance is a higher price unfortunately. The guitar specific page had insurance at £10+Vat per £1k. Not sure what's happened there but if it stays that way then I'll not be using them again. 

I'll probably try that 3rd party insurance from secursus that others have mentioned. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.