Anybody tried the Vintage VS6V ReIssued, Vibrola Tailpiece

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 607
Hi all,

As per the title. I am curious if anybody has tried the Vintage VS6 and also the VS6V. The build quality is apparently very good. How does the vibrola version compare. Some people say that some of the tone is sucked out of the guitar because of the vibrola. Some people say that the tuning stability isn't good others say it is fine and matches a Bigsby.

Feedback appreciated thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• have you seen the new Epiphone range? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    With almost all tremolos, it there is a tuning issue, check the nut first. 95% of the time, that’s the issue. 

My Supro Belmont has a Wilkinson Bigsby-a-like. It’s sublime.  Never found any Wilkinson trem to be anything other than excellent. 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I like the look of the VS63 - SG 3-pickup with Vibrola.

As for Epiphone, a cream one would be nice, but it looks like they're still putting that stripy mahogany veneer on the cherry SGs, which I don't like.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    have you seen the new Epiphone range? 
    Thanks for the heads up, just had a look this evening. Going to be difficult to A/B the two in a shop, I think fat chance that somebody will stock both of those.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2392
    I like the look of the VS63 - SG 3-pickup with Vibrola.

As for Epiphone, a cream one would be nice, but it looks like they're still putting that stripy mahogany veneer on the cherry SGs, which I don't like.
    Which makes me wonder what's actually underneath - I wondered the same with the korina Explorers and Vs with a gorgeous korina veneer. If you're using a veneer for a generally unfigured wood, what wood are they hiding?

I've read that 90s Epi LPs often had alder caps with a maple veneer, for example, or just no cap at all. Never checked on my old Epiphone but at least the back was clearly solid mahogany with no veneer.
    Tim