SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Oil City Masterwound Riot Act PAF Humbuckers £125 Delivered SOLD

strat84strat84 Frets: 321
edited January 2020 in Parts £
For sale a set of Oil City Riot Act PAFs. Nickel covers and black bobbins. A3 magnets with a spare set of A2s which Ash supplied. £135 £125 delivered UK PPG. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/Clz17mc
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You are king of the PAF!
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 321
     :) 
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited January 2020
    How do these sound, is it a hotter PAF type of pu? Does it have a good note separation? How do they compare with a classic 57?
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    @fnpt - No I wouldn't say it's any hotter than a low - medium wind PAF. In fact I forgot to mention in the OP that these were wound slightly different to the stock Riot Acts and are pretty much a Bean-O wind with different magnets.

I've never played the '57 classics in the same guitar as the Riot Acts so can't compare them properly. I have played the '57s in a friends guitar, both 90s Les Paul's. The RAs were clear and open in my LP were as the 57s seemed a bit thicker. The difference could have been the guitar though. 

Price drop bump
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    I'll have them. I will PM you.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."