Pots and switches for Jagstang

As you may have seen from my thread from yesterday, I'm having some bother with my Jagstang.

I will await the usual responses to that first line...

Having retrieved the guitar after not playing it for many years I decided to give it a string change and clean up. While doing this, and trying to take one of the knobs off, the shaft of one of the pots came out - I've never seen this happen before. I've taken knobs off some pretty old radios that are held on with metal clips, and they don't disintegrate like that.

So, seeing as I will be replacing one pot, I may as well replace two and possibly the switches. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to get these and what the right specs are. I know that replacing all he electronics including pickups may be preferable, but I can't afford this.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72324
    edited January 2020
    The switches are actually OK - I would just replace the pots and jack. Unless you can ream out the control plate for 3/8” pots you will need 8mm ones - CTS do these now, but otherwise Alpha are OK. Don’t bother with anything other than a Switchcraft jack, and make sure you get one with a shakeproof washer.

The pots should be 250K Log. I can’t remember if the originals are 500K, but even if they are the 250s will sound better.

There are quite a lot of online vendors that sell all these, Allparts and Axesrus just for starters...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cheers. I buy most things online via Ebay but this type of thing is probably best getting from a known supplier.