PRS Dragon - #9 - In excess of £15K

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    As much as I like PRS Guitars I sort of appreciate the work in the dragons but cant ever justify one and to be honest, this one looks pretty nice but then the head flame sort of loses me. 

So as they say in the Den of Dragons I am out. lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    They've probably gone for that colour because thats what it would have faded to anyway lol! 

Though 135 is still pretty limited, maybe not for dragon numbers but in general.. for a new guitar anyway. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dentists are gonna be well pleased with the teeth on that dragon inlay
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I guess these are exhibition guitars. More fine Art pieces to show off their capabilities in building, rather than musical instruments. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I don't think any buyer will think of them being better guitar than any Private Stock.  They go in eyes opening fully aware that it is a collector's piece, for the inlays and design over everything else.   Or at least i hope they know.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    Sure I've seen Chinese ebay sellers listing that fretboard for a tenner.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    It’s a bit like the Martin over the top versions they do from time to time it’s a showcase.

i heard on one of the Namm videos lee anderton say he was not going to do it but then ended up ordering three due to interest better man than I if he can sell three.

i think the nebula silver sky will be the hottest ticket 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    It’s a bit like the Martin over the top versions they do from time to time it’s a showcase.

i heard on one of the Namm videos lee anderton say he was not going to do it but then ended up ordering three due to interest better man than I if he can sell three.

i think the nebula silver sky will be the hottest ticket 
    Both the dragons and Nebula people are buying for cosmetic reasons.  Lee is right when he said more and more people are buying with their eyes.  In this day and age, you are buying with your eyes, on a screen.