High End (Collings, Lowden etc) or Custom UK Luthier built commission?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• malcolmkindnessmalcolmkindness Frets: 164
    edited January 2020
    I think my Poljakov can sound rather like that. You can find them at TFOA. In fact, I would highly recommend a weekend at TFOA in the Netherlands, you are sure to play something you like new or used, and they are great people to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 118
    Pm,d 
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    edited January 2020
    Firstly @stuartryanmusic has already given fantastic advice,Secondly, if you are going down the road of a luthier ( bloody hell don't use that term to Roger Bucknall of Fylde   ) it is vital that there is a real dialogue taking place. I have a quite a  few guitars that are "luthier built" but in every case the builder knew my playing, my terminology and my preferences, either (mostly) before or early in the discussions. The result is everyone is happy. No guitar maker wants to work hard creating something they believe is worthy of their craft, only to be given bad press on social media down line due to a misunderstanding in terminology and relationship, therefore everyone is careful. Judging by your previous posts and questions. you will be a discernible guy with whom any decent luthier will enjoy discourse. It's a fun process.