Soldano at NAMM

What's Hot
tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
edited January 2020 in Amps
Course it was gona be me that mentioned it.

Looks like the SLO V2, no details of specs yet, but theres most definitely a channel switch on the front now, interestingly like the cloners have been doing for years. Also seems like someone is making Black Sparkle grill cloth again. I'm in the process of trying to find out who and if it's an exclusive.

Also the SLO30 further down. Basically a full on downsized SLO with crunch/clean and bright/normal switches.

Looks like the cabs are still the compact 412's Soldano always did, which is disappointing. At least they're not using those eminence ones anymore. V30's as standard but can factory order different drivers.

They're calling the vertical black sparkle fitting "starfall"

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yup - nice indeed, very interested :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited January 2020
    Prices:

$3999 for the SLO100 plus $200 for tolex and grill cloth customizations.

$2499 for the SLO30 plus same for customizations.

Speakers can be specified for cabs
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A (very small) part of me wonders if this turn of events being related to Jet City going quiet recently.

I'm 99% sure it's a genuine coincidence.
    <space for hire>
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Black sparkle cloth looks great!

Still interested to know who is going to stock these in the UK.  

It’s going to sound great but I think the SLO30 is a bit too much at $2,499.  They would have sold loads more by finding a way of keeping this below $2,000.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    A (very small) part of me wonders if this turn of events being related to Jet City going quiet recently.

I don't think Mike has had anything to do with jet city for a couple years now, dont know if he even still has a financial stake in it.

Possible royalties for the amps his name appears on?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CHrisP86 said:
    Black sparkle cloth looks great!

Still interested to know who is going to stock these in the UK.  

It’s going to sound great but I think the SLO30 is a bit too much at $2,499.  They would have sold loads more by finding a way of keeping this below $2,000.
      Isn't this around what the HR25 cost though?
  • tekbow said:
    A (very small) part of me wonders if this turn of events being related to Jet City going quiet recently.

I don't think Mike has had anything to do with jet city for a couple years now, dont know if he even still has a financial stake in it.

Possible royalties for the amps his name appears on?
    Oh, I know he hasn't had a stake in the business for a few years. However, it's pretty well-known that the amps he designed for them are basically Hot Rods with annoying bright caps. I was just idly wondering if somebody at the new place has had a word to suggest that JC wind back a bit.

Like I said, I'm 99% sure that's not happened.
    <space for hire>
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 2020

• Yup - sounds like a SLO - so much want :)

• Yup - sounds like a SLO - so much want :)
    It does sound great doesn’t it. I’m very happy with my Jaded Faith SLO module so happy to stick with that. Especially as it’s better than the official synergy SLO too :)
    It sounds killer!
  • It does amuse me that he argued quite vociferously against loads of things that Jet City wanted to add - like a front-panel channel switch or indicator LED, depth controls, lower power versions, a sensible-level loop in the right place etc. Various Jet City amps ended up with those things a few years ago.

And now they're standard in the Soldanos :D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SLO30 sounds superb. Deffo getting one.
  • It does amuse me that he argued quite vociferously against loads of things that Jet City wanted to add - like a front-panel channel switch or indicator LED, depth controls, lower power versions, a sensible-level loop in the right place etc. Various Jet City amps ended up with those things a few years ago.

And now they're standard in the Soldanos :D
    It's not a typical style of music I play but I really do like the sounds from Jet City amps, however $2k for a "proper"one compared to £200 is quite the gap isn't it. 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    Statement from Soldano because the idea of new transformers seemed to have caused some ultra-loyalist Soldano die hards heads to explode.

Honestly. The FB soldano groups have been Bedlam.

"About the transfomers:

The transformers of the new SLO-100 are hand wound, one at a time, by Magnetic Compoments using the exact same specs as the Deyoung ones (which are no longer available).  Magnetic Compoments did an amazing job on these and they deserve the recognition.

These transfomers, especially the output transformer, are very complicated in design and take a ridiculously long to produce.  The first production of the SLO-100 is therefore limited to 100 amps worldwide which will take months to finish.  More transformers are being built but it’s a slow process.

We know how high the bar was set with the SLO-100.  We know the high level of scrutiny that would come when we released the amp.  We are celebrating a bit because Mike, Peter and everyone at BAD worked on this for nearly two years and we are smiling ear to ear with the results.  

And while the most important, the transformers are just a part of the story of the new amps.  We paid attention to everything (every single minute detail).  We know it sounds cliche but it was a labour of love because just like you, we are also die hard Soldano fans.

Ultimately you need judge for yourself and we welcome it.  Anyone in LA that wants to come by and give them a test drive please let us know.

These are exciting times for Soldano.  We love the passion and debate of the loyal fan base.  Like all Soldano’s - these go to 11!"

Note the limited availability of SLO's.

Although to be fair, going by serial numbers, Soldano haven't produced that many SLO's in a year since the early 90's.