Rick31k’s adventures buying a guitar from Andertons

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Rich31kRich31k Frets: 794
    skunkwerx said:
    Who called you? Call them back ask to speak to Mr Beesley. He's always been great. They'll have notes their side if they've requested this.
    Matt (Beasley) called me back and we’re sorted. The courier didn’t deliver the Cap10. Had to ask and press a bit, but he’s given me a good discount on a (completely) different guitar I fancy trying, and arranged for priority delivery tomorrow. 

Still after something like the Chapman, but this should give me chance to try something different, and shouldn’t lose much if I don’t like it.

Thanks for the advice everyone who’s pitched in. Will hopefully post a NGD tomorrow.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5805
    Will be on the look for a very happy and excited NGD thread :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @Rich31k Not what I was hoping to read. :( What an appalling way of doing business. 

Potential Andertons customers beware! :angry: 

Shame all of this is in someone else's NGD thread, where it's less visible as a warning, but that's how these topics/Discussions develop somehow. :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11878
    Rich31k said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Who called you? Call them back ask to speak to Mr Beesley. He's always been great. They'll have notes their side if they've requested this.
    Matt (Beasley) called me back and we’re sorted. The courier didn’t deliver the Cap10. Had to ask and press a bit, but he’s given me a good discount on a (completely) different guitar I fancy trying, and arranged for priority delivery tomorrow. 

Still after something like the Chapman, but this should give me chance to try something different, and shouldn’t lose much if I don’t like it.

Thanks for the advice everyone who’s pitched in. Will hopefully post a NGD tomorrow.  
    Excellent - good result there mate.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Rich31k said:
    skunkwerx said:

Ah damn was hoping it would have been an error and you'd get it! 

Their returns policy is good though. 
    You can return the new guitar if you dont get on with it subject to it being with all the packaging intact and subject to normal use within 14 days. 

When I did this they arranged the courier and refunded all but £15 to cover the return for it being just unwanted.  
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited January 2020
    Rich31k said:
    Just had a call from Andertons saying that even though they’ve dispatched the guitar to me, someone else should be having it. So I have to refuse delivery if it turns up tomorrow. Like some sort of GAS torture. 

Probably better not telling me how awesome it is.

Enjoy your new guitar!
    And so I f^cking would 

No way. You’ve paid and they’ve sent the guitar. Transaction complete. They have zero right 

I used to buy out of Anderson’s all the time but had my own little run in with them and haven’t spent a penny since. I even used to live in Guildford. Don’t care if they are the only stockists in the country I still wouldn’t buy from them 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2020
    Rich31k said:
    Just had a call from Andertons saying that even though they’ve dispatched the guitar to me, someone else should be having it. So I have to refuse delivery if it turns up tomorrow. Like some sort of GAS torture. 

Probably better not telling me how awesome it is.

Enjoy your new guitar!
    And so I f^cking would 

No way. You’ve paid and they’ve sent the guitar. Transaction complete. They have zero right 

I used to buy out of Anderson’s all the time but had my own little run in with them and haven’t spent a penny since. I even used to live in Guildford. Don’t care if they are the only stockists in the country I still wouldn’t buy from them 
    Let the record reflect that I wis'd this post by gibsongretchfan. On the evidence of his further posts we clearly disagree on terminology, though. confounded

@Rich31k clearly has reached a zen level of calm that I am envious of. I'd be livid in his shoes, but the world may well be a better place for him being how he is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    gibsongretschfan said:

And so I f^cking would 

It hasn't been impressive service - it took some real pushing to get anything by way of an apology, but sometime these things happen. They must have someone very important waiting for that Cap10 - its currently sat at East Mids DHL - so they'll have to wait a bit longer.

This thread seems to have taken a serious tangent. As a lapsed percussionist and (fairly new) guitarist, but definitely not a musician, I'll have to think hard about whether I deserve a NGD thread. Actually I'd better make one - I can't leave dazzajl high and dry.

OP - enjoy your guitar - I'll keep an eye out for one second hand in the future.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11878
    Rich31k said:
    OP - enjoy your guitar - I'll keep an eye out for one second hand in the future.

Thanks - hope your new guitar more than makes up for being messed around so much!

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407

Rich31k said:

Just find some way to get Chappers to throw shade at Mary Spender and @darthed1981 will just give you his for free.

Ed, looking forward to seeing the beast* in person in a week or so :)

*The guitar, for the avoidance of doubt.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rich31k said:
    it took some real pushing to get anything by way of an apology, but sometime these things happen. They must have someone very important waiting for that Cap10 
    Disgusting. It shouldn't matter who they have deemed worthy of getting this deal on this instrument, they shipped it to you first. This way they upset two people. 

I've no idea how you can be so chill about it, man, do you meditate or something?

I play heavy metal to relax. \m/ Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    Just find some way to get Chappers to throw shade at Mary Spender...

He wouldn't dare... ;)

Oh I dunno, I've just read the Riff City Guitars piece, and the way the shitvortex is accelerating, it looks like anyone could easily end up under the wheels of the tourbus...
    DLM said:
    Rich31k said:
    it took some real pushing to get anything by way of an apology, but sometime these things happen. They must have someone very important waiting for that Cap10 
    Disgusting. It shouldn't matter who they have deemed worthy of getting this deal on this instrument, they shipped it to you first. This way they upset two people. 

I've no idea how you can be so chill about it, man, do you meditate or something?

I play heavy metal to relax. \m/ Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
    I have two young children - I'm too tired to be angry. 
    As I suggested above, it would be better for everyone (except Andertons, which would kinda be the point...) if the stuff concerning the SNAFU on Rich31k's guitar were split into another thread. 

The OP's GAS/NGD thread would then be unsullied.

(If I were Rich31, and I had Unsullied at my disposal, I'd have them marching on Guildford, but then I'm just a dramatic little princess... :hairtoss: ) 

*DLM goes back to fantasising about dragons*
This discussion has been closed.