SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB quality PAF type pickups

What's Hot
Hi there,

I'm after some nice vintage-ish pickups for my Les Paul. Something with that characteristic 'metallic' thing to them, and a growly mid range. 

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MototechMototech Frets: 102
    I have Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday's & DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAF's for sale. Any interest PM me.
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    A pair of Wizz premium clone PAFs bought here a few months back. Not being used at the moment. £210 posted.
  • Greco dry 1982’s? 
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    Wizz pick ups now going to a new home :)
  • Big old bump. I now have another Les Paul and after a set. Lively and full of harmonics, with a fat midrange would be what I’m after. The Whiskerbuckers in my R8 fit the bill for that, so that kind of ballpark. Slightly hot PAF, but needs to clean up well and have clarity.

Thanks
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 183
    I have some vintage looking Dimarzio PAF Pros, with covers on. 7.99 and 7.49 output.
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • Still looking bump.
    From what I’ve read, I want something more gutsy than the Dimarzios and Antiquities I’ve been offered (not necessarily output).
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    Cream T BFG Bangers?

• Neck Output approx: 7.3k*
    • Bridge Output approx: 8.9k*

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Might have a set of OTPG pickups going up for sale at some point. They're not cheap but pretty hard to find 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    Might have a set of OTPG pickups going up for sale at some point. They're not cheap but pretty hard to find 
    Can't you remember where you left them?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Might have a set of OTPG pickups going up for sale at some point. They're not cheap but pretty hard to find 
    Can't you remember where you left them?
    He's Bono
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Big old bump. I now have another Les Paul and after a set. Lively and full of harmonics, with a fat midrange would be what I’m after. The Whiskerbuckers in my R8 fit the bill for that, so that kind of ballpark. Slightly hot PAF, but needs to clean up well and have clarity.

Thanks
    This sounds like SD Alnico IIs (not the slash ones) to me. They don't like being covered, though, so only if you're wanting uncovered p'ups.
  • demby236demby236 Frets: 13
    got some Gibson custom shop PAFs & full wiring in my R9 which I'm replacing if that's of interest?