Before I buy a Ditto X4...

What's Hot
LewyLewy Frets: 4238
...is there anything else I should look at? Don’t want any of the drum machine, auto quantise stuff that some of the Boss stuff has. What I want...

- two separate loops which can be different lengths
- that I can turn off individually with their own foot switch or simultaneously with a single separate off foot switch 
- some options for stopping (like fade out or stop at the end of this loop) would be nice

Ta,

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    The X4 is really good.
    The only thing... is that going from the little Ditto to the X4 I found the X4 to be difficult to get the timing right.
    I have no idea why cos same foot switch and all. 
    Didn't take long to adjust but just mentioning it cos there was an initial moment of, "this sucks".  It doesn't; it's fine.
  • Pigtronix just updated the Infinity Looper - worth a look
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 715
    If you do decide to get an X4,  check the firmware is up to date. I was having lots of annoying issues with mine and then finally decided to check the firmware and found it had really old version that required an update,  despite having only recently purchased. Mine now works as intended and it's just me that still sucks!
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Thanks all. Looks like it’s an X4 (the price of the Pigtronix prevented me from investigating further!)
    That's exactly where I ended up and for same reason :)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    Benm39 said:
    If you do decide to get an X4,  check the firmware is up to date.
    Thanks for the heads up on that.  I hadn't noticed any issues but the firmware on mine was very out of date too. 

The other thing is that it wouldn't have hurt TC to put the instructions for how to update on the same page as the download, or at least a link to instructions.  In the end the only guide I found was on Sweetwater, plus a YouTube video talking about the X4 Flashback which mentioned that with multi button pedals you have to down the left-most foot switch and then connect the power.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yup, not exactly straightforward at all!
  • Lewy said:
    Thanks all. Looks like it’s an X4 (the price of the Pigtronix prevented me from investigating further!)
    The new one? Seems like a similar price to the x4 to me! That said, the x4 has deeper controls by the look of it - enjoy!