Dean Exotica Acoustic

Hello,
Has anyone any experience of recent Dean Exotica Acoustic guitars.
Ive read great reviews and terrible ones. The bad ones were mainly from around 2005ish, so I'm hoping they've got their act together.
A member of a local band, a fine musician has one and it sounds great and he obviously knows far more than I ever will. I don't know him to call and ask. Sorry wrong, I did ask him what he thought and he said when he bought it he got someone to stand some way away and tell him which guitar sounded the best. It was the Dean.
However due to the wildly differing reviews I would be extremely grateful if people would tell me their opinions.
Many thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sorry, the one I'm looking at has a quilted maple top, sides and back. The chap I mentioned has an ash? or light coloured flamed maple?
  • No opinions anyone?
  • @Bongadav ;

I picked up a Dean exotica a few years ago (sunburst and quilt top), I couldn't believe how good they were for the price. Lovely tone and play ability.
    One thing I really enjoy is the body shape, very different in person to a lot of acoustics but also very very nice. Good curves and feel.

The built in Tuner and preamp is also good, so no worries in that department.
    The neck and rubber tipped groover tuners are solid.

I own it, and also a Luna (sister company to Dean). I have good things to say on both.
    A friend of mine has a 2009(ish) Luna Henna acoustic (same factory) and has gigged it hundreds of times locally. So they will last the test of time too.

If you are thinking of ordering one, go for it :)
  • Many thanks, you've definitely got me reaching into my pocket. I'm a beginner and a little worried that it's a bit big for me and I'll spend more time with my parlour. But that's a personal thing.
    I suppose it comes down to me wanting a new toy!
  • Ps. Has yours got a 24.5 scale? I've read somewhere some have?