Parkhurst Guitars?

What's Hot
BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
edited January 2020 in Guitar
Anyone on here had any dealings with these guys? https://www.parkhurstguitars.com/

I hate to travel outside of my postal zone and they are just down the road! Pretty sure they didn't pop up when I was looking for a Luthier this time last year? Guess I could book my Strat in for a set up to test the water.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm sure they are great but I don't think much of their custom model guitars at the moment.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2929
    tFB Trader
    The website looks neglected but there's a good lot of action inc build shots on Instagram, parkhust_guitars
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I suppose it makes a change from sewing mailbags.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A 'smuggler's version would be good. Enough space for some baccy, a mobile phone or a shiv.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Sassafras said:
    I suppose it makes a change from sewing mailbags.

From the name I'd assumed it was something like a social enterprise, getting prisoners to build guitars. 

It still exists as a prison but perhaps an association for those of us of a certain age, for example Ian Brady spent most of his sentence there. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Hey guys , so speaking of the devil and he shall appear, just working on my social media interaction and came across this post and thank you guys for some of the feed back ,
     @BeardyAndy I have a repairer in the city for some time now and have only been pushing on the online presence in recent year hence the magical appearance. if you ever want to come say hi drop me a message always up for a chat 

@idiotwindow thanks for the feedback i understand not all guitars are everyone's taste however this year will be the year i will get the ball rolling on these custom models . However i will uploading a Humbucker telecaster iv just finished made from walnut and ash . The next to will be a double cut and a offset thinline, 

@Corvus , totally  agree about the website i have plans to update it however just been so busy repairing and making instruments .  anything you want to see on there?

@EricTheWeary ;  Family name not much i can do about it unfortunately 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    A 'smuggler's version would be good. Enough space for some baccy, a mobile phone or a shiv.
    A bit behind the times....Spice, SIM, Phone....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Do they play Jailhouse Rock?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    edited February 2020
    Totally forgot about this post, the comments are hilarious (yawn)

for the record I took my Les Paul to @Jakeparkhurst ;;and he did a spot on job, turned it around in a week and didn’t charge the earth for the privilege. 
    I also had a look at one of his new builds and it was stunning, i’ll be booking my Telecaster in for a service when i can bare to be without for a few days. Oh yeah, he winds a pretty handy pickup too.